Who's slipping into finals this year?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you all for the great information. Now that I know the finals lineup I don't need to travel to California this summer. You all have saved me big bucks!

Thank you! :ph34r:

now you can use that money to buy my a ticket. :P

Last year was tough, I dont belive that BS and Academy are going to make it in to finals. Politics wont let them. Id love to explain it but it would turn in to a big old rant about how bad the judges really are, belive me i just erased and really long "book" on how two corps this year got the crappy end of the stick.

Im sure that judges are focused on one thing and it isnt the bottom 6- whatever or you would see alot more varity in the top 12. Judges need to be retrained, period. Sitting in front of a tv looking at shapes and watching pong isnt how it should be. Corps are made out of real people that cant get everything perfect. All im saying is you cant give credit to someone and then tell them they suck for a minor flaw. It sure in the hell wouldnt happen to the top 5. I mean if a corps has the best show of the season, and gets beat the next day because of someones opinon. How fair is that? This year had really made me think why Im in the activity, and for that Im sitting this year out, among many other reasons. Im in no hurry to jump back in.

So in short I really cant say whos going to be pushed out and whos moving in, maybe we should ask the judges, they seem to know already...

Edited by dcf06

So in short I really cant say whos going to be pushed out and whos moving in, maybe we should ask the judges, they seem to know already...

:ph34r:

Last year was tough, I dont belive that BS and Academy are going to make it in to finals. Politics wont let them. Id love to explain it but it would turn in to a big old rant about how bad the judges really are, belive me i just erased and really long "book" on how two corps this year got the crappy end of the stick.

Im sure that judges are focused on one thing and it isnt the bottom 6- whatever or you would see alot more varity in the top 12. Judges need to be retrained, period. Sitting in front of a tv looking at shapes and watching pong isnt how it should be. Corps are made out of real people that cant get everything perfect. All im saying is you cant give credit to someone and then tell them they suck for a minor flaw. It sure in the hell wouldnt happen to the top 5. I mean if a corps has the best show of the season, and gets beat the next day because of someones opinon. How fair is that? This year had really made me think why Im in the activity, and for that Im sitting this year out, among many other reasons. Im in no hurry to jump back in.

You should re-think WHY you started your involvement in Drum corps again.

Was it for scores ?

CHEZ

In my "perfect world" (for me, at least...LOL) scenario:

A three-way tie for 12th. Crossmen and Blue Stars get in, no one gets "kicked out." :)

Fran

I won a ring already, I dont worship it, right now its sitting in a box buried somewhere its not that im not proud of, but its the memory that counts not the medal. Im in if for the family, drum corps has giving me something i have never truely had. but why should I go in to something that is becoming top 5 specific and only top five? Im not going to have some band director tell me that i had a bad show, when other corps above me are messing up just as bad. Most of the judges have no clue what a member of a drum and bugle corps goes through. They just sit on plane to to shows and give the political opinions.

This year had really made me think why Im in the activity, and for that Im sitting this year out, among many other reasons. Im in no hurry to jump back in.

I never marched for the scores or the judges. I marched on Saturday night twice, then we never came close, but those last years didn't change my opinion of drum corps or of marching.