Scouts camp

acn

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...why, it's almost as bad as watching you deride the Scouts organization with numerous polls and asides, isn't it?. B)

AMEN!

I have to give the nod of credibility to Redmann. I live in Madison and saw the Scouts doing as much as possible to get in the the City's good graces. It would be hard to quantify how Scott Stewart had a better relationship with the City, but it is clear that the Scouts did as much for Madison as possible. Oddly, the Scouts received little reward for being the driving force that brought DCI to town on...8(?)..ocassions. It seems that the City would have passed on some of the financial rewards to the Scouts. Besides UW Athletics, there is no better advertisement for the City.

By the way, did the last Administration do anything right?

I have to give the nod of credibility to Redmann. I live in Madison and saw the Scouts doing as much as possible to get in the the City's good graces. It would be hard to quantify how Scott Stewart had a better relationship with the City, but it is clear that the Scouts did as much for Madison as possible. Oddly, the Scouts received little reward for being the driving force that brought DCI to town on...8(?)..ocassions. It seems that the City would have passed on some of the financial rewards to the Scouts. Besides UW Athletics, there is no better advertisement for the City.

I think they returned the Scouts to finals. But, how dare I comment...I guess I'm just a derider. Dubya is the decider and I'm the derider.

...why, it's almost as bad as watching you deride the Scouts organization with numerous polls and asides, isn't it?. B)

Hey there Mr. Sensitive Guy...grab the waistband and ease them from your crack for a moment.

I've been very fair to the Scouts. I call it when it was good and I've called when it was bad. Just because I don't suckle at the teet of Madison's Green Koolaid Nurse Maid, doesn't mean I constantly deride.

The polls...hey...it's inexpensive fun. It doesn't harm members...if it did, they aren't man enough to march Scouts. Look, I've applauded the Madison Alumni Project, many of the Scouts past performances over the last 20 years....leaving 2002 aside. I think the Scouts have had a top notch brass staff, a mostly hit drum staff and so so to mediocre guard consistency of late.

And I do hope the Scouts come out and kick ### and place well in finals. If they do...I'll come on here and apologize to all in the tenderhearted DCP Scouts family who seem riled by my posting of polls, asking questions, and making observations.

I could take the time to look it up, but besides the 2002 season and Scott Stewart's decision to set the guard line in November, and the BoD stuff, I don't think I've jumped on the Scouts too much. 1999, 2000, and 2001 were all good years. I liked the Madisonic year as well, 2004 I think.

I've even given the Mark Dunton thing a complete pass. I mean...come on...I've hired people before and soon afterward it was realized that it wasn't going to work out. It happens. Completely understandable.

I'd appreciate it if some of you just backed off the sensitivity meter a few notches. It's just freakin' drum corps.

Having only been a part of the recent Scouts' history for such a short time, it's hard for me to comment beyond what I know. I did speculate before, and for that I perhaps was wrong. I trusted the credibility of my source because of their position with the corps at the time. That aside...

I think the former admin did many many things right...including (as was previously stated) return the Scouts to finals. For that I will be forever grateful. I won't be a blind supporter of everything that went on because I certainly had a few (note: few...very few) grievances of my own. Primarily with some of their staff choices that I believed did more to hurt the corps than to help it. That being nothing more than my opinion from spending time on tour in '05. I'm not here to air any dirty laundry because that would never serve any purpose but to tear down...and quite frankly, it's neither here nor there at this point anyway. I have the utmost faith that the current admin has nothing but the best of intentions, just as believed Sal did and Scott before him. I firmly agree that it's within everyone's right to question...but my main concern is supporting Jeff and the current admin as well as my little brothers as this process moves forward. This all started out of my defense of these individuals from my first post. Pardon my passion, but I want nothing more than to see this admin and these members attain greater heights than any Madison Scouts corps previous.

To the current admin, instructional staff, support staff, and brothers both past and present...

MYNWA

-J

Edited by BigBadMadMan