Should I go meet George Hopkins this Weekend?

Poll  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Should I go meet George Hopkins this Weekend?

• Yes
    • No

George said in his Livejournal that he's taking some people to the White Dog Café this weekend, which is about three blocks away from where I go to school (University of Pennsylvania)! Do you think I should go meet him so I can get his autograph and maybe talk about the Cadets a little?

Edited by Hrothgar15

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

George said in his Livejournal that he's taking some people to the White Dog Café this weekend, which is about three blocks away from where I go to school (University of Pennsylvania)! Do you think I should go meet him so I can get his autograph and maybe talk about the Cadets a little?

I voted no, but do what you are comfortable with. On one hand, it's a gathering that you are not invited to. On the other hand, George does post his whereabouts for all the world to see and does generally come across as a public person.

Since you posted this here, I'm sure he wouldn't be surprised if you popped up at the cafe.

if you do go up to George, be respectful and if he asks you to come back later, do so. he's really approachable and fun to chat with, and this is from someone who he knows doesn't like him.....yet when he and i have chatted he's always been very friendly

Yeah man go for it. Hop is a great guy to talk to. He always has really great things to say. Just be real respectful of his time. He is a very busy man. And for that nasty comment earlier....... Hop is a person just like you and me. It's ok to disagree with his decisions and choices, but there is absolutely no need to post on here with hateful comments towards the man. Anyways I'm done. Have fun meeting him....

Edited by Cadetsop06

<Post removed -Danielle>

appropriate? probably not. but i did laugh, more-so because a certain word passed the filter.

anyhow, i voted yes. interesting opportunity!

appropriate? probably not. but i did laugh, more-so because a certain word passed the filter.

anyhow, i voted yes. interesting opportunity!

Yeah, it wasn't exactly mature or appropriate, but that is funny that that word gets past the DCP filters.

Edit: Yes, you should go see him.

Also, are you an undergrad at UPenn or what? If you're at Wharton, props to you. Otherwise, f*** ivys.

Edited by TSRTS13

Maybe you should go stand near him and stare in silent awe until he gets creeped out. :sshh:

But seriously... Just question... Does it look like he would want to meet and greet you? Also, question whether his subsequent ego boost would prevent a slightly enlarged head from fitting through the door.

But really seriously, who isn't happy to greet a courteous fan?