2003 The Cadets - Our Favorite Things

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1988 BD

2000 BD is also pretty clean for 3rd place IMO.

I guess its also worth officially mentioning.....I think I like BD's third place shows more than any of their other performances. 1988, 1995, 1998, 2000, and 2006. Wow. Seriously, think about those 5 shows (and their respective hornlines).

Sweet Jesus. :drool:

The sound of 85 Devils alone pushes aside any visual dirt they may have had, and musically, they simply smack 03 Cadets around like a rag doll.

85 Blue Devils is dirtier than Cadets 2003

I am listening to Blue Devils 85 right now and this is what I'm hearing:

1) Crack in the baritones 10 seconds in.

2) Forced sound from the baritones 22 seconds in.

3) Strained, weak trumpet sound at 30 seconds in.

4) Unclear release from the hornline 36 seconds in.

5) Unclear rhythmic interpretation 40 seconds in.

I'm only listening so I can't observe the visual errors.

I'm interested in your definition of cleanliness.

Mine does not include mistakes such as these.

I believe there are less mistakes in the Cadets 2003 finals performance than the Blue Devils 1985 finals performance. I also believe that the Cadets 2003 show is more difficult than the Blue Devils 1985 performance which adds the notion of superiority to the Cadets performance given that they had a more difficult show and performed it more cleanly.

We probably have different definitions of "clean."

I believe there are less mistakes in the Cadets 2003 finals performance than the Blue Devils 1985 finals performance. I also believe that the Cadets 2003 show is more difficult than the Blue Devils 1985 performance which adds the notion of superiority to the Cadets performance given that they had a more difficult show and performed it more cleanly.

I just listened to 03 Cadets, and heard a whole host of errors, so I suppose we do (and no, I won't waste time listing them). If you want to say it was a harder show, visually, I won't argue with you. Musically, it's apples and oranges. Cadets may play more notes, but they don't even approach the level of powerful sound BD does, especially with the thicknesses of the chords (and no, it's not just G vs. Bb).

Sorry, 85 BD is still cleaner musically and visually (though I will give you Cadets visual book being far more difficult).

85 Blue Devils is dirtier than Cadets 2003

I am listening to Blue Devils 85 right now and this is what I'm hearing:

1) Crack in the baritones 10 seconds in.

2) Forced sound from the baritones 22 seconds in.

3) Strained, weak trumpet sound at 30 seconds in.

4) Unclear release from the hornline 36 seconds in.

5) Unclear rhythmic interpretation 40 seconds in.

I'm only listening so I can't observe the visual errors.

I'm interested in your definition of cleanliness.

Mine does not include mistakes such as these.

2003 Cadets doesnt touch 85 Blue Devils in difficulty or cleanliness.

2003 Cadets aint that clean to begin with.

~G~

Has a corps done the music....These are a few of my favorite things? Just wondering. I think it has been done.

2003 Cadets aint that clean to begin with.

~G~

haha, what part was blatantly dirty that you could refute. it doesn't have to be the cleanest, but what part says it can't be considered clean?

If all else I'd take a look at the visual performance, color guard, and percussion execution. not scores. but just a suggestion to look at it in terms of those aspects.

Edited by ApocalypseTissue