2006 Is Coming To A Close

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I could play that loud if I was crying and snot was running out of my nose because of the amount of emotion running through my body. :laugh:

Honestly, I didn't have barely any emotion on finals night, I was on f***ing autopilot.

Maybe that's because you're a machine

Impressive, guys. Well done. :P

For the First time in twenty three years a new corps in the top four. Blue Coats

Nope, first time in 16 years. You're forgetting Star in 1990 (3rd place).

if youre crying and have snot running down youre nose then youre just plain unprofessional. theres nothing incredible or amazing about it, its not touching or heartfelt. youre a performer and a performer has to control their emotions and not go on autopilot, thats how mistakes are made. and im sure i'll get nailed for being cold or whatever you guys want to say, but it sthe plain truth and im pretty sure most any instructor would back me up. once those horns come down at the end though, its on. let those tears fly. but theres a time and a place for that

if youre crying and have snot running down youre nose then youre just plain unprofessional. theres nothing incredible or amazing about it, its not touching or heartfelt. youre a performer and a performer has to control their emotions and not go on autopilot, thats how mistakes are made. and im sure i'll get nailed for being cold or whatever you guys want to say, but it sthe plain truth and im pretty sure most any instructor would back me up. once those horns come down at the end though, its on. let those tears fly. but theres a time and a place for that

I was never in corps, but in 4 years in marching band, I was ALWAYS on autopilot...I could barely tell you any memory of performing in 20+ competitions and countless football game halftimes.

I was never in corps, but in 4 years in marching band, I was ALWAYS on autopilot...I could barely tell you any memory of performing in 20+ competitions and countless football game halftimes.

ok, well if youre just going to go on autopilot then why bother learning how to cover down and dress the forms if youre just going to glide right through them without any concious thought to whats happening?

ok, well if youre just going to go on autopilot then why bother learning how to cover down and dress the forms if youre just going to glide right through them without any concious thought to whats happening?

Autopilot in this case doesn't mean you don't think about anything...it means a gazillion things are going through your mind about covering and your musical part and the ensemble around you...and in the end, you don't really remember anything. I think this happens to plenty of performers (musical, speakers and presenters, dancers...)...it's not a sign of poor performing, it's just...human.