Question for Forum Show

Can anyone sign up to perform at the Forum (Serenade in Brass) or do you need to be invited?

Thanks!

Chalet

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Invite only from the sponsors Five Star Brass......

But part invited and part "first come - first served" would be interesting. :)

s/ guy who counting on his fingers and toes how many times he's been at (or in) SIB. :blink:

We (Bucs Alumni) will likely be opening the show with the star spangled banner again. You can count on Westshore's Alumni to be there. Beyond that, I would guess that you can expect to see the corps that brought the house down the past few years. Park City Pride, the Hawthorne Corps, not sure who else.

If you have a corps you would like to appear at Serenade in Brass, I would contact Larry Hershman via his five star brass website and express an interest .

Some years the "line-up" changes. Get your name to him ! Good Luck

My understanding is that SIB is by invitation only and it is unusual if a corps', no matter how popular, be invited two years in a row. Especially if you don't adhere to time limits and protocols. (the schedule is pretty tight ) I'm reasonably sure Westshore will be there....for obvious reasons....Bucs Alumni...and more often than not... the Navy Midshipmen from the Naval Academy and the Hip Pickles. Larry Hershman and the folks at Five Star Brass do a teriffic job of spreading things around year to year IMO. They always seem to make the right pick's to pack the house. :blink::doh:

Edited by melligene

I guess the 2 consecutive year rule eliminates the Cabs alumni, Yankee Rebels and Park City Pride this year.

it's not a rule. corps have performed two years in a row. just more often than not it doesn't happen.