1. 1. Outside the Northeast

• beyond 2011
  2. 2. Will it be held in the South

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Will it be held in the Midwest

• Yes
    • No

If I win the Powerball, I'm completely leveling the entire city of Rochester. But only after cutting New Jersey off from the rest of the continent, floating it out into the middle of the Atlantic and sinking it.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

watch it there Contraboy

some of us like New Jersey :doh:

If I win the Powerball...

The championships would be held in one of the more central locations for drum corps - Minneapolis/St. Paul - and occur at the new retractable-roof Vikings Stadium. I would offer each corps a voucher that would pay 90% of their travel cost via the airlines or by bus, regardless of their point of origin. The "DCA Spectacular" would also include plenty of parties, music performances daily across two vibrant downtowns, and post-show festivities. A hefty budget would be devoted to print, broadcast and cable TV advertising. MBI, Chops and the Governaires would be the host corps.

The attendance for finals would number 15,000+

Okay, I'm just dreamin'... :)

Ron,

A retractable dome for the Vikings? Man, you really ARE dreaming!

I do like the dream of a major show in Minneapolis that includes several top corps from outside the DCAC. Labor day weekend is usually very fine weather in Minnesota. No hurricanes. It will be fun to watch the regions develop over the next several years. It could happen!

But only after cutting New Jersey off from the rest of the continent, floating it out into the middle of the Atlantic and sinking it.

WOW!! Don't hate...appreciate.

If I win the Powerball...

The championships would be held in one of the more central locations for drum corps - Minneapolis/St. Paul - and occur at the new retractable-roof Vikings Stadium. I would offer each corps a voucher that would pay 90% of their travel cost via the airlines or by bus, regardless of their point of origin. The "DCA Spectacular" would also include plenty of parties, music performances daily across two vibrant downtowns, and post-show festivities. A hefty budget would be devoted to print, broadcast and cable TV advertising. MBI, Chops and the Governaires would be the host corps.

The attendance for finals would number 15,000+

Okay, I'm just dreamin'... :)

GREAT dream....but make it someplace in California....better weather....

:doh:

OK Sammy - You best make a trip to the tundra in September before you start counting your chickens... ^0^

Ron's almost right...the BEST location would be the new stadium at the U of M...There supposed to have that one open by 2009 or 2010..Maybe by that time our friends in the East may have decided going out to the prairie might not be so bad... :doh:

HEY RON !!! If I win the Powerball instead of you.. I'll spend the money..Maybe we can set up a run through / standstill at a REAL State Fair ( 2nd largest in the country..and just down the road from the University)

Maybe a mass corps get together at the MOA - especially if they expand it as planned,

All kinds of possibilities.. :P

Mass bus charter to Patrick's in St. Peter ( John might not survive it) :doh:

Pat

When?

14-Hell_freezes_over.jpg

Thats what I said like 4 pages ago.

WOW!! Don't hate...appreciate.

What...? Jersey's dirty!

If I win the Powerball, I'm completely leveling the entire city of Rochester. But only after cutting New Jersey off from the rest of the continent, floating it out into the middle of the Atlantic and sinking it.

no no no.

attach the drum corps homes, AC and wildwoond by bridge.

then let it float out :P