Cadets camp

You know your organization has been doing well when 5th place is considered a "down" year, I'd say.

haha, agreed. That's like when SCV got 8th in 05, and everyone called it a down year. For most corps to get 8th would be considered an extremely good year.

~>conner

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you guys are reading too much into this.

Any corps who medals consistently would consider a 5th place year a down year, competitively speaking. It's a relative term.

As far as the difficulty of music, it's harder than anything I played there (Closest thing was Young Person's Guide). I heard the midi of the opener and knew it was hard. There's a ton of notes and I thought they were mainly in the pit. However, when I saw the music, it was all hornline.

As far as the difficulty of music, it's harder than anything I played there (Closest thing was Young Person's Guide). I heard the midi of the opener and knew it was hard. There's a ton of notes and I thought they were mainly in the pit. However, when I saw the music, it was all hornline.

WOW it must really be HARD then... :o

Does this thread count as the first "Corps XYZ is for real this season"? My vote is yes.

Harder than Young Person's Guide? Jeez... They'd better have a really talented hornline... I can see why Hoppy and the staff are holding out for the best.

Edited by crashhelmi36

The opener sounds like it'll be one of the darkest most evil sounding songs ever in DCI.

Holy crap, goosebumps. It's around 205 at times.

haha, agreed. That's like when SCV got 8th in 05, and everyone called it a down year. For most corps to get 8th would be considered an extremely good year.

~>conner

Heck, when I marched Glassmen, 8th was the best we'd ever done to that point!

when was the last time cadets needed lead trumpets /sops and mellos.

1979 ? :worthy::rock::rock::huh:

I seem to recall in '03 (or was it '04?) they posted something on their website about having open auditions for a trumpet soloist sometime in June... one of their soloists had to leave because of family issues, I think.

Cadets always have hole, even late in spring training... I think it's some combination of their high standards, difficult shows, and desire to work the kids to death. But maybe that last part's just my opinion.