Cadets camp

Your not just trying to hype the Cadets??? Here are your posts leading up to the 2006 season..... :doh:

There are many variables and intangibles that will determine the best corps this summer. No person can say with certainty who will win this year, it's just too early. With that being said, I have attended all but one of the Cadets camps this year and I will say they are definately on purpose. They have a very meaty book and the music is really good. If they can transition this show onto the field successfully, they have a real good chance of another championship. Watch out for the percussion section, they are amazing and short of a meltdown they will be very tough to beat. :unsure:
Move-in day is tomorrow for the 2006 edition of the Cadets! I had the pleasure of attending all the Cadets camps so far this year and I'm more than a little excited to see how this group transitions on to the field. This percussion section could set the standard for years to come, they are a must see!!!! All sections of the corps are on track to be better than last year and the design team has put together another classic Cadets show. :doh: Good luck to the Cadets as they continue their quest for another championship ring. This should be another fun year to be a Cadets fan, lets get it started! Also want to wish all corps good luck this summer, have a safe and fun experience!
I'm the original poster and no I'm not a member of the Cadets, just a fan who is fortunate enough to live 20 minutes away from their off season camp location. My post might seem like pure hype, but I was just stating facts. This corps should be good, really good, 1st place good? maybe! :)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...did anyone else get the e-mail of nusic from the last camp??

not bad for January

When did you get this email??

Lisa Simpson (at Jazz Hole watching Bleeding Gums Murphy): "You should listen to the notes he's NOT playing ...:"

Bored patron: "Pffft. I could have done that at home ...."

i thought she was watching a soloing violinist

Jesus.....how did I know this was going to turn into something that it shouldn't be. I was just saying that everyone is a contender in the beginning. But I will add that I heard their camp clip and if they keep on like that, oh my God in heaven, I would be afraid to see their show. It will be too much for me. I can't handle too much of something good. :P

I don't care what anyone says. The Cadets WILL be ON POINT this year. I have faith in them.

They were on point last year... on 93.075 points to be exact by Finals....a good sound clip does not guarantee success down the road, though 5th place is hardly failure either.

Make no mistake, I admire the reported work ethic and the sound clip does sound good, but let's just not overblow the level of success on one clip. They sound good? Absolutely, but I can guarantee The Cavaliers, Blue Devils, Phantom Regiment, Bluecoats, and Carolina Crown will as well when their initial sound clips are released. They work hard? Great, so does everyone else.

Give The Cadets their due for their progress so far, but don't make it into a championship discussion in the first week of January.

They've given us reason to praise them, not annoint them.

We always had holes in June and seemed like a lot of the time it was in the lead sop area although 92' it was the contras as well. I guess I can still use both of those terms in describing back in the time when they were bugles :doh: I do think it had a lot to do with the same reasons of people not realizing how hard certain corps work the kids (JMO)