DCA Championship Contract

Maybe folks are starting to think instead of posture now......

Could be that they realize where the new expantion of DCA is coming from. :)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are also not as subtle as a freight train, either.... :P

presentation is everything.

How about as subtle as a railroad Mail Car. :P (What my grandfather did on the Pennsylvania Railroad back in the 20s/30s.)

Every place has negatives:

Scranton:

- The big first base cut-out; everyone whines about it affecting their DVDs.

- Overbearing parking lot storm troopers.

(and now with the Yankees taking over the basball team - who knows what else?)

Hershey:

DCA could be cancelled if, say, En Vogue decides they want to have a concert at the last minute.

Allentown:

Old Stadium, bad lighting, bad parking.

Syracuse:

Baseball stadium. (Also - no more sugar daddy-era Brigs to help some of your corps afford to come).

Rochester:

Hurricane wiping out the lines for prelims; The good parking is too far away, the close parking is too dangerous, and the luxury boxes aren't completely finished (boo-hoo).

My opinion: Rochester definitely deserves a second chance.

- 8000 good seats are - let's be fair - BETTER than the number of good seats at other places.

- The stadium will be one year and three months old next year vs. three months old this past year.

- The city (from the mayor to the biz community) really wants this to work.

The only thing I would change is to have the Bridgemen play on Sunday night before retreat.

The Allentown fair
Edited by Tom D'Bomb

Guess people can remember back last year when crap started hitting the fan about finding a site for 2006 DCA. Let's see, Hershey was written off after the DCI/DCA show fiasco, Scranton getting small for expanded number of corps (my room was 12 miles away and I wasn't with a group), Allentown is ripping up the stadium seats, Raleigh supposedly wasn't ready yet. Then it was pick Rochester or.... oh crap, there isn't any other choices.

Guess my timing was better John.. ^0^ :P

kinda why potential locations (cities and their facilities that meet the needs and are available Labor Day Weekend) need to be identified,................... instead of waiting for bids to come in,....................IMO

I'll bet you won't run out of fingers on one hand,..................as most sports facilities are in use that time of year, and are unavailable to book for the entire weekend,..........

Every place has negatives:

Scranton:

- The big first base cut-out; everyone whines about it affecting their DVDs.

- Overbearing parking lot storm troopers.

(and now with the Yankees taking over the basball team - who knows what else?)

From what I've heard, there will be no more drum corps or band shows at Lackawanna County Stadium in the foreseeable future, since the stadium is switching to a natural-grass surface and a "baseball only" policy with the Yankees' minor-league team now in town.

The Scranton regular-season DCA show moved "back to the future" last season, back to Memorial Stadium in the city.... site of the show for many, many years back in the day. But the stadium is completely refurbished..... new artificial surface, new lighting, etc. Great venue for a regular-season show, IMO.

Fran

Edited by Fran Haring

What about Boston?

Or Madison now that no one is using it for the next decade.

There gonna need there drum corps fix.

Ohio? There are atleast a few zillion jr. corps people in that area.

It's still within shopping distance from New York City I have been told by the local Akronites.

Mom