Drooling Over Cadets' Opener

Unfortunately a bunch of clowns ruined it at finals.

That's a shame. Also, weren't you saying you were about to do the same exact thing this year at finals?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a shame. Also, weren't you saying you were about to do the same exact thing this year at finals?

Yes, but the portion in which I was going to do it was already ruined.

Yes, but the portion in which I was going to do it was already ruined.

AHHHHH *blue lightning comes out of fingers*

:)

Edited by chris ncsu

Back on topic ... and back to what we KNOW for certain about the show rather than the assumptions and predictions that the same people want to go on and on about, over and over again...

This sounds like it could be a really HOT piece!!! I really hope they don't fill the silence between the opening horn hits with percussion (or spoken voice, or anything else). I think that some fast, silent drill (maybe only accompanied by the sound of whirling flags) during the silent parts would be an AMAZING effect!!!

I'm really curious as to why everyone is STILL talking about narration when it comes to The Cadets show this year. They already stated they wouldn't have that in the show this year. GIVE IT A REST!!!!

.....just my .02 cents by the way....

I'm really curious as to why everyone is STILL talking about narration when it comes to The Cadets show this year. They already stated they wouldn't have that in the show this year. GIVE IT A REST!!!!

.....just my .02 cents by the way....

Again, Hopkins came on here and told us he said nothing of the sort. And I'm sure he'll tell us again, considering I see him active in this topic. B)

EDIT: And if you need proof... here it is

Edited by crashhelmi36

Hey...George Hopkins is indeed reading this topic. Mr. Hopkins, please do not include narration in this year's show. For me, and thousands of others, it will make it completely unenjoyable and will turn something epic, glorious, and amazing into something cheesy, stupid, and immature. You have no idea how much narration can completely ruin a show. Even if a show had the best music and drill I have ever witnessed, but included narration, I'd consider it one of the worst drum corps shows ever. If you do choose to use narration, I will do everything in my power this summer to cause you to remove it from the show before finals.

Hey...George Hopkins is indeed reading this topic. Mr. Hopkins, please do not include narration in this year's show. For me, and thousands of others, it will make it completely unenjoyable and will turn something epic, glorious, and amazing into something cheesy, stupid, and immature. You have no idea how much narration can completely ruin a show. Even if a show had the best music and drill I have ever witnessed, but included narration, I'd consider it one of the worst drum corps shows ever. If you do choose to use narration, I will do everything in my power this summer to cause you to remove it from the show before finals.

:wacko: Sorry, that just made me laugh. :worthy:

But while we're at it, Mr. Hopkins, can you make it so its ensured I have a spot when I audition for 2008? :D

Actually, I'm also against narration and the sort...

but if I were George Hopkins and I were reading this; I'd put narration in the show just to stray from what you want...and I'd probably include "Hrothgar15" in the narration, because it'd honestly be pretty funny to me :worthy: