142 members have voted

1. 1. Pass?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me, this one really seems to make things too complicated, and it encourages different show styles for the first half / 2nd half of a season. (Not to mention that it explicitly gives corps license to take until half the summer before really worrying about cleaning the show.)

Mike

I like this one.

The first 3 weeks of the season are really all about making sure your program is heading in the right direction musically. Everyone is dirty in the first few weeks so there is really no service to having some guy running around the field telling you the guy on the left side of the snare line has a slow left hand on his tap rolls. That staff knows that already.

Program designers and staff should get better early season feedback on the big picture, front ensemble-battery intergration and interaction, balancing, etc.

I'm with MikeN...all it will do is make staffs decide to wait longer to clean.

I wouldn't mind seeing this as a probationary -- however I'd want ALL regionals judged as they would be judged in one way. If you want the drum judge in the stands, put them there. Front of the stands, fine. On field, fine. But make #### sure that all of the regionals/saturdays are judged the same way.

I do not care for this idea. Yeah, it may have some good points, but also bad ones. For instance: Whether they are supposed to or not, judges can be bias. Let's say you are in a line or pit that they just don't care for...will he hold a grudge?

Something to think about.

Edited by bdjazz93

I'm with MikeN...all it will do is make staffs decide to wait longer to clean.

Any staff that decides to wait until July to start cleaning an ensemble is not going to finish where they want on finals night and isn't doing their job correctly. With that being said, everyone who has been around drum corps knows the level of expected cleanliness at the time of the season and if you choose not to do the proper cleaning in June, it will come back and bite you in the arse when July 5th rolls around.

This one can really make things interesting for drumlines in DCI. As a drum judge and caption head, it gives instructors and drumlines themselves a little buffer for errors. Since the percussion judge will be further back and not on the field, it is very to hear little discrepincies in the battery, escpecially with more softer and subtle musical phrases. Lots of dirt of would be hidden behind horns and pit.

This would also give the drumlines a harder time later in the season to start cleaning things up, especially when they have played the show 90% consistently.

I would vote NO

This one can really make things interesting for drumlines in DCI. As a drum judge and caption head, it gives instructors and drumlines themselves a little buffer for errors. Since the percussion judge will be further back and not on the field, it is very to hear little discrepincies in the battery, escpecially with more softer and subtle musical phrases. Lots of dirt of would be hidden behind horns and pit.

This would also give the drumlines a harder time later in the season to start cleaning things up, especially when they have played the show 90% consistently.

I would vote NO

What he said......

A great example of this is just listening to Phantom Regiment from this past season. They were soooo musical, that at some points it would be impossible to hear clarity since they were playing at PPPPP behind the hornline. It could lend to concentrating too much on the musicality and not so much on the clarity. I think the system now lends to concentrating on both things equally.

i decided i like this, i want my vote back