DCA:THE VOTE

I may be wrong,,but I was told a couple of years ago that if you were going to be in I@E you had to be sponcered by a competitive DCA corps or be a member.

I could have gotten incorrect information about that.

Well the gentleman who has won the Individual Soprano award for the past couple of years is Frank Dorritte (sp) and he hasn't competed in decades. He was a soloist with the Sunrisers back in the 60's and 70's.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This tread is so far off base that I shouldn't repley, but I always try to answer I&E questions.

I&E is opened to any member of An All Age Corps Past or present or Alunin Corps.

I will answer any I&E question and always have, I would prefer you write to DCAie@aol.com.

If you have any questions about DCA rules why not ask your Corps director or a director of a corps that was there. It really was a weekend to furthur Drum Corps.

So how can you be 16 hours away from anywhere when we are only a 12 hr bus ride from Rockmart?

^0^ :laugh:

According to MapQuest :

Rockmart to Nashville, TN (MCL - DCA South) 3 hours 56 mins or 237.73 miles

Rockmart to Orlando,FL (Heat Wave) 7 hours 29 mins or 488.16

Rockmart to Shreveport,LA (Masqurade contest) 8 hours 50 mins or 588.61 miles

Rockmart to Manassas, VA (Schenandoah Sound) 10 hours 34 mins or 622.34

Rockmart to Houston, TX (Gulf Coast Sound) 12 hours 10 mins or 803.02

Rockmart to Reading, PA (Reading Buccaneers) 12 hours 47 mins or 801.96

Edited by LucysSkylinerAlumni

This tread is so far off base that I shouldn't repley, but I always try to answer I&E questions.

I&E is opened to any member of An All Age Corps Past or present or Alunin Corps.

Thanks for contributing to this thread.Keeping the information forthcoming is the right thing to do and can prevent a lot of hard feelings down the road.

That would make sence.When I thinking about doing I @E BEFORE I joined a corps and was told I had to be a member of a corps.The person I talked to said that all I had to do was get a corps to say I was a member or get membership with a corps and then I could compete.

Edited by camel lips

If you have any questions about DCA rules why not ask your Corps director or a director of a corps that was there. It really was a weekend to furthur Drum Corps.

Absolutely Brilliant!!!! Just plain brilliant!

Yup, common sense is still an uncommon virtue, particularly on public forums. Love the draaaaammmmmma!

It really was a weekend to furthur Drum Corps.

I've heard that too. I believe the folks running things aren't diabolical, evil people; nor are they idiots. Actually, they may be crazy because of the public lashing they get for any decision!

On the corps size topic, someone posted somewhere (I think) or I heard it somewhere that at the meeting the member corps kept asking the very few Class A corps in attendance what their thoughts were. Apparently they didn't say a whole lot. Ya gotta attend and ya gotta speak up. After the fact may be too late. Just sayin'.

Small Corps Participation.

If, it were true small corps were not allowed to participate in I&E and MINI Corps competition because their full corps wasn't large enough, a large Corps could sponsor them. B) There are ways around some things.

Some small groups may just have to stay home and perform in their communities for a season or two to build numbers up.

We will probably stay in our neighborhood of Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska until we get enough people who are interested in traveling to competitions. We could get real busy locally with appearances once the word gets out. Rambling, sorry.

Edited by Kansan

on the small corps minimum size rule... please see my comments in the thread "34+me"

On the corps size topic, someone posted somewhere (I think) or I heard it somewhere that at the meeting the member corps kept asking the very few Class A corps in attendance what their thoughts were. Apparently they didn't say a whole lot. Ya gotta attend and ya gotta speak up. After the fact may be too late. Just sayin'.

Wrong on this point my friend...

I did speak up, gave them a more realistic number for a small corps 25-30, also Govies also talked about this, I should know they sat behind me at the meeting. The number started at 40.

Small Corps Participation.

Some small groups may just have to stay home and perform in their communities for a season or two to build numbers up.

We will probably stay in our neighborhood of Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska until we get enough people who are interested in traveling to competitions. We could get real busy locally with appearances once the word gets out. Rambling, sorry.

Well, if you were "rambling", you stumbled into the patient, old fashioned way of building local interest! Thank you!

Maybe... not every market has enough interest to instantly start a field corps - so it has to be cultivated.

And, a problem for all field corps, I think: it's hard to cultivate that local interest when you're off on the road all summer.

Just sayin'

Edited by brassomaniac

editted :P

so what you're sayin' is you'd like to have finals in Maine? :lolhit:

^OO^ Then everybody can march in snowshoes Right! Kusankusho? B)

Edited by Shenandoah Vibrato