DCA:THE VOTE

Coming soon to the Sara L. Julian Experience....

The 2007 DCA Rules Congress portrayed in sushi.

Official title: 2007: Unleashing The Seven In Me

Guaranteed to get somebody's panties in a bunch!!!

^0^ ^0^ ^0^

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on the small corps minimum size rule... please see my comments in the thread "34+me"

where I believe Tom stated that although there would be some sort of change from judged to exhibition, corps under 35 members would still be allowed to field...............so any sized field corps are still going to be allowed to perform.

Did I get it right?

YES! That is correct. I have confirmed this... BUT of course, the appearance must be approved by the sponsor... DCA will not keep any corps from competing in any contest and even giving them the advantage of a score and tapes from the judges... It will go into the record books as a "judged exhibition" if there are less than 35 performers in the brass line, percussion line and color guard.

That is not good enough. Let us compete. Please read my rant in the 34+ME thread. DCA is allowing the presenter run this activity, which is not acceptable.

Edited by Periphery

That is not good enough. Let us compete. Please read my rant in the 34+ME thread. DCA is allowing the presenter run this activity, which is not acceptable.

What exactly does that mean? Who is this "presenter" that DCA is allowing to run this activity you speak of?

:rolleyes:

What exactly does that mean? Who is this "presenter" that DCA is allowing to run this activity you speak of?

:lol:

I think he means the show sponsor....

Wrong on this point my friend...

I did speak up, gave them a more realistic number for a small corps 25-30, also Govies also talked about this, I should know they sat behind me at the meeting. The number started at 40.

Which brings up anoter weakness in the system....you have 2 of teh top 3 Class A corps -- one of whom the current champ -- with no vote. You could talk all you want...but it does you no good...even Renegades' voting on dream's behalf doesn't change the voting numbers.

it should be one corps, one vote....if you go to DCA you;re in....but that would be democratic.... :rolleyes:

:lol:

I think he means the show sponsor....

Wrong on this point my friend...

I did speak up, gave them a more realistic number for a small corps 25-30, also Govies also talked about this, I should know they sat behind me at the meeting. The number started at 40.

Which brings up anoter weakness in the system....you have 2 of teh top 3 Class A corps -- one of whom the current champ -- with no vote. You could talk all you want...but it does you no good...even Renegades' voting on dream's behalf doesn't change the voting numbers.

it should be one corps, one vote....if you go to DCA you;re in....but that would be democratic.... :rolleyes:

as opposed to a republic...but who is splitting hairs here?!

as opposed to a republic...but who is splitting hairs here?!

Splitting hairs aside....the interests of smaller corps are NOT being served by a rule that effectively keeps even ONE of them off the field. Period, stop, end o' topic.