Biggest/Smallest Snarelines

In case it hasn't been mentioned already...

'88 Star of Indiana - 6 snares (but we had 7 tenors!)

'90 Star of Indiana - 5 snares

While watching PR 95 the other day (6 snares with the blue drums), I tried to remember the biggest and smallest snarelines. Here is what I could remember.

Smallest

95 PR-6

86 Garfield-6

other than those two I couldn't think of any

Biggest

87 Pr-11

82(I think)BD-12

Northstar(not sure which year)late 70's?-12

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1998 Crossmen started the season with eight.

Injuries got it down to seven, then six, then FIVE.

Fortunately, one kid was able to perform the first half of the show at Finals. The second half (First Circle) was just way too much of a physical beast, so he played in the pit. So next time you watch the '98 Bones, you'll see six snares at the beginning of the show and five at the end.

Yeah I remember that....How's it going Gary. Not sure if you remember me.

While watching PR 95 the other day (6 snares with the blue drums), I tried to remember the biggest and smallest snarelines. Here is what I could remember.

Smallest

95 PR-6

86 Garfield-6

other than those two I couldn't think of any

Biggest

87 Pr-11

82(I think)BD-12

Northstar(not sure which year)late 70's?-12

<

I think the smallest snare line was The Boston Crusaders back in 1973 they had 3 snares.

Edited by bobk9258

I believe these guys marched 11 in 79 - clean as a whistle!

NS79vote.jpg

Emerald Knights 1977 3 snares and a honken horn line ...made DCI North and Midwest....

• 9 months later...
Thank you Dan! From left to right in that photo, # 3, 4, 6, 10, & 11 participated in the alumni corps show, and #12 came and helped us out a little

Another "in action" shot from '78 - pre pit days, where the snare line could come up and stand right on the front line and throw it down...

snare.jpg

Cool pic. - Do you happen to know where it was taken?
Judging from the stands in the background, I'm going to go on a limb and say Ivor Wynn Stadium in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
This looks like the stadium where prelims where held in Denver.
I don't think so-Folsom Field in Boulder didn't have an upper deck like that back in the day, nor did it have that kind of turf.

I think Ivor Wynne in Hamilton is the correct answer-did Madison go to Canada in 1978?

This picture was taken as the Freelancers came off the field at DCI prelims in Boulder, Co. in 1978.

As you can see they did have an upper deck like the Madison photo as well as a similar looking astroturf.

My main reason though for thinking the Madison photo was from DCI prelims in 1978, was the color of the back stands as well as the light, dark contrast between sections.

121972607.jpg

Edited by Russellrks

St. Joe's from Batavia..1968 "The Million Dollar" drum line. 1 tick at VFW. National Champs that tied for 1st with Kilties. 3 Snares...all great players.

Here's a picture of Spirit's GINORMOUS battery and tiny pit from Whitewater 1981.

Slide46.jpg

Seven triples, seven basses, six cymbals, twelve snares with mounted bongos, and three pit.

four snares, four tenors, four bass drums, four cymbals, four triple toms and four tymps.

What was on Eric Perrilloux' mind!????

timesfour.jpg

This was 1969.

Here ya go Geno!

3snares78.jpg

Geno,

Actually, the '78 snare drummers who marched snare in the '06 Alumni Corps are from left to right:

#3-Tracy Newnam, 1977-early 1980s (?)

#6-Craig Matthews, 1971-1978

#8-Ken Schneider, 1978

#10-Dennis Linley, 1976-early 1980s (?)

#11-Tim Hummel, 1978-early 1980s (?)