Tips for the Rookies of 2007

remember... when everything seems to suck at any point... just say to yourself "hey, worse things could have happened"

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah, when you pack; do a full pack like 2 weeks before tour, then actually figure out what you might use.... you can get away with 1 shirt a week, and section shorts... just make sure to have fresh socks :)

Got to a stage last summer where I'd leave my bag on the bus and just get fresh socks out... also saves you having to pack back up :)

That is disgusting.

You should change shirts at least every other day and wash your shorts in the shower occasionally too.

don't let anyone talk you into getting naked

Then what fun would it be to sneak on to the guard bus for the 12 hour ovwernighter to Tenessee? :P

That is disgusting.

You should change shirts at least every other day and wash your shorts in the shower occasionally too.

and again, we agree on something

we're not so different, you and i

I thought of another if you're going to be a rook in the drumline: Don't hack all the time trying to work out your parts, or show your skill at

playing flamadiddles at lightning fast speed. And especially when the instructor is talking or working with another section for a few minutes

while you're in ensemble.

Playing flam drags at mach 3 is indeed impressive, but everyone has seen someone who can play them faster and cleaner than you... :drool:

When they start dragging you from the back of the bus to the front of the bus by your underwear strap...

Don't fight it, that just makes it worse. Horn players should know better than to venture to the back of the bus anyway. Abandon hope all ye who enter.

And if you drop the soap... oh wait, that's prison, nevermind!

instead of giving rookies a list of what not to do, why don't we just give them a list of things that SHOULD do....I think that list would be much shorter.

3 things you should always do whether you're in drum corps or not

-be respectful of all around you

-take in all you can, it's a wonderful learning experience

-give 110% at all times, it'll pay off in the end.

Fantastic point !!!!!!! :doh::doh::doh:

Well, the best thing I can say is that it is going to hurt a lot for a very long time. There is no point in minimizing the pain and hard work that goes into the activity. It is worth it, but only if YOU make it worthwhile. You only get the best out of drum corps is you put your best into it.