Tips for the Rookies of 2007

Wow

you guys don;t even know how happy I was to read this!

thanks!

send me 50 bucks for all the advice I contributed that will save you from certain death... b**bs :lol::lol:

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep your mouth shut and LISTEN. You think you know things... you're wrong.

Also, don't suck.

never sit in front of a drummer.

I disagree. As a two-year horn line veteran of riding a percussion bus, I think it's actually more interesting. I talked to a group of people I don't normally get to spend a lot of time with. I have more insight on what a clean drum line sounds like. I'd otherwise have no idea because I usually only listen to the brass in shows. Sectionals on the bus are not as annoying as I think people make them out to be. You get used to it, and usually you're too tired to care anyways. Cheap entertainment.

I might just sign up for the percussion bus again this summer because I don't know what it's like on the horn line bus, ha.

Don't be the guy/girl that doesn't know their music. Do you homework and practice your parts.

I disagree. As a two-year horn line veteran of riding a percussion bus, I think it's actually more interesting. I talked to a group of people I don't normally get to spend a lot of time with. I have more insight on what a clean drum line sounds like. I'd otherwise have no idea because I usually only listen to the brass in shows. Sectionals on the bus are not as annoying as I think people make them out to be. You get used to it, and usually you're too tired to care anyways. Cheap entertainment.

I might just sign up for the percussion bus again this summer because I don't know what it's like on the horn line bus, ha.

I was a drummer so always rode the drum bus but my bus partner was a horn player and always rode the drum bus and loved it.

He was the only horn player riding the drum bus (as my bus partner again) when the alumni corps rode from our "last supper" to the stadium.

It was very very cool after 30 years!

All that said, the drum bus can be a pain in the arse if you're not used it.

After a while though you'll be able to sleep or read a book with the constant rat a tat tat going on.

Is there actually a talent night? What if I have no special talents? :-/

they'll find one for you...

they'll find one for you...

think of what someone who sucks at life would do in your situation, and then promptly and confidently do the opposite.

Is there actually a talent night? What if I have no special talents? :-/

Just keep in mind, they're actually not looking for talent. :worthy:

Oh, we had some hilarious ones at Mystikal last year... and then there was mine. :wacko: