Gay DCI Community

Gay guys should NOT shower with straight guys...Nothing against gay men. I have tons of gay friends but I've seen gay guys walking around the locker room with erections and talking about other naked guys in the showers....

And I've seen straight guys grab each others private parts, simulate oral sex, touch each others butts and talk about hot chicks and the grab their privates and simulate masturbation...and some other things not mentionable here. Whats your point ??

~G~

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it really isn't. I have never seen this happen once.

Please, everyone keep ignoring my posts on this subject and continue to discuss this without any regard towards the opinions and experience of people who have marched multiple years in a corps with gay men.

:laugh::laugh:

~G~

And I've seen straight guys grab each others private parts, simulate oral sex, touch each others butts and talk about hot chicks and the grab their privates and simulate masturbation...and some other things not mentionable here. Whats your point ??

~G~

The point I was trying to make, Thank You!

Gay guys should NOT shower with straight guys...Nothing against gay men. I have tons of gay friends but I've seen gay guys walking around the locker room with erections and talking about other naked guys in the showers....

Four years of drum corps, three different corps/regions, never seen it once.

Even if it did, last I checked, it's not like erections (scientifically speaking, apparently) give off radiation or anything.

You guys get angry way to easily.. RELAX. What I am saying is the truth.

False.

Here's a perspective not talked about much:

What if BEING GAY didn't MATTER?

What if NOBODY CARED about one's orientation?

What if gays didn't, for want of a better term, "CLASSIFY" themselves as such? Or (IMHO) "PROMOTE" themselves as such?

Somehow, it all works out.

You love drum corps. You put the effort out, you tryout, you make the team, you sweat, you hurt, you practice, you compete, you improve, you understand the value of hard work and sacrifice, you LEARN, you get the "thrill of victory and the agony of defeat" just like everyone else involved.

Since when and why should orientation have ANY PART nor define anyone in any of the DC experience?

(unless it's what some WANT to be classified as, and are PROUD OF, and this type of thinking is just way over my paygrade!)

It's none of my business, nor anyone else's, but I repeat myself. Endlessly!

And the best thing is something that you already mentioned....it DOES work out, and it pretty much ALWAYS works out. You simply just don't come across anyone who has a problem with gay guys.....perhaps there might be some that are overly flamboyant, and people might find the personality annoying or perhaps dislike one as a person because of actions or immaturity or something along those lines, but the point is, NO ONE in drum corps dislikes other people in the activity simply for being gay. That's the biggest difference between drum corps and our society outside of it; it's almost irrelevant if someone dislikes someone else because of what they do or say or how they act, but it would honestly be nearly impossible to find someone who marches drum corps who dislikes people for who they ARE. Prejudices like that are still very much prevalent in America, but the fact that they're nonexistant in drum corps is what made me draw the parallel to a Utopian society earlier.

~G~

Some straight guys can be the gayest guys I've ever seen, haha.

#### good question.

Before everyone wants to rag on me, reread my earlier post. This is for slowsopranos back. I have personally witnessed this when I marched in Colts and we shared showers with the Madison corps. I had never seen a guy walk around with an erection until that day, so it {pardon the pun} stood out. I thought WOW are you NOT aware that you are walking around the shower with that thing pointing the direction? Anyway, it did happen and I am forever traumatized. Just kidding about the traumatization, but it is all true. I want to know why I am not allowed to shower with the women? I certainly would have..... :P

So if being gay isn't that important, then why should it matter?

Unless you want to be defined by your orientation - which you shouldn't.

'Couldn't have said it any better. Why go down the route of bringing up SEXUAL orientation in the first place ? Should wehave a thread next on heterosexuals in Drum Corps ?. Asexual members ?....or Fundamentalist Christians. ?.."tolerance"for maybe a known Nazi or Ku Klux Klan drum corps member ?.....Polygamists ?.....Marxist-Leninists?...... Libertarian Party drum corps members.?....... Southern Baptists ?....Jews ?.... Muslims ? Catholics ? why is it important to ask such silly SEXUAL preference questions on a thread here ? I don't get it. Who should care who one likes sex with on a Drum Corps forum and what their experiences are in Drum Corps as a homosexual ? I define a person by WHO they are and how they act...... not WHAT they are. The thing that makes drum corps so special is not the individual pieces of the unit with it's different characters. It is rather the collective unison , expression, goal, harmony and cohesiveness, etc of........THE CORPS

Edited by X DM