Gay DCI Community

GMICHAEL.... I said REREAD my earlier post. Yes, the Sky Ryders were CHOCK full of gay guys. I didn't care. By the way in 1981 there were three corps in the Madison area. I had NO problem with any of them and befriended a bunch. No problem. I only posted what happened, and it DID happen, because everyone was ragging on slowsoprano for mentioning it. I didn't say it was right or wrong, or whether the pointer was gay or not. Just thought that a guy walking around a mens shower area at full attention was and is a little odd. If you wake up with that involuntary pointer, wait until it subsides before hopping next to me in the showers please. B)

A little (pun?) biology for those unaware--use the potty! Full bladder contributes to the *cough, cough* condition in question.

We didn't have gays in '92. Must have been the 80's! :P b**bs (oh, I'm gonna get in trouble for that one!)

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My best friend from drum corps was gay, still great friends. He even moved all the way across the country to be with me....well not me but someone else but still now we live 15 mins a part. Drum corps really opened a new door to me, I never had any friends who were gay. I felt really comfortable with him and often times we'd just make fun of each others sexuality. However my dad felt differently, he didn't mind but he said he wouldn't pay for me to do an all guys corps....I think not because he hates gays but because he didn't want me to become gay.

All in all there is no problem in drum corps today, and you might be surprised about how many gay people are not just in the guard but the brass section as well.

My best friend from drum corps was gay, still great friends. He even moved all the way across the country to be with me....well not me but someone else but still now we live 15 mins a part. Drum corps really opened a new door to me, I never had any friends who were gay. I felt really comfortable with him and often times we'd just make fun of each others sexuality. However my dad felt differently, he didn't mind but he said he wouldn't pay for me to do an all guys corps....I think not because he hates gays but because he didn't want me to become gay.

All in all there is no problem in drum corps today, and you might be surprised about how many gay people are not just in the guard but the brass section as well.

Yeah..... if those are your dad's words, then I'm sorry, but he's an idiot. You don't just "become" gay. This definitely isn't a choice for anybody.

How the heck does one BECOME GAY ??????? Like you have a choice?

Edited by Jimisback

<<turn on tounge in cheek mechanism>>

Oh yeah..those all male corps are all about massive homoerotic orgies!! :huh:

All of those gay guys cant wait to make you theirs!!

Prepare yourself, breeder.. :sshh:

<<turn off TICM>>

Chicago has a very active ROTC (Righteously Outrageous Twirling Corps) - a rifle corps made up of gay men. They perform every year in the Pride Parade, various events around town, and have travelled to several other cities to participate in Pride events. There are quite a few ex-Cavaliers and Scouts in the group, with representation from a couple of other corps, as well.

There is one in Toronto, as well.

I nominate Geoff for best use of an avatar in a sexual orientation thread.