Cadets Narration 2007

"This complex and extraordinary program will allow these talented Cadets to shine, all-the-while explaining what this drum corps is about, said Hopkins. Through incredible visuals, musical arrangements, segmentation, voice and narration, The Cadets will relay the philosophies the corps has carried within its heart for 73 years - goal setting, diversity, practice and performance.

Surprises in store for fans include professional narration, a passionate ballad, a show epilogue and a throw-down percussion feature written by Aungst that could bring instrumentation to the field never before seen in the activity. Staff are also studying the possibility of altering numbers within sections, increasing the hornline to 68 members, Hopkins said."

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not disbelieving the quote per se, but I'm not totally buying it yet. Would the original poster mind posting a link to the article/blog that this supposedly came from, or is this just rumor?

Though, I'm still going to say this reminds me a lot of Westfield 2003. "We are the drum corps, we are the color guard."

Dude...I'm eating breakfast, and I really don't want to have to clean vomit off the keyboard. Besides, we all know who should have won BOA in 2003 (hint: it begins with an R and ends in an Onald Reagan).

Dude...I'm eating breakfast, and I really don't want to have to clean vomit off the keyboard. Besides, we all know who should have won BOA in 2003 (hint: it begins with an R and ends in an Onald Reagan).

Sorry I don't know really know (or care) much about BOA marching band stuff. That isn't "drum corps elitism" or anything, it just doesn't appeal to me whatsoever, not to mention I didn't even like marching band in high school anyway.

Anyway, I'm overall skeptical of the Cadets this year, but it's not like what I or anyone here thinks is going to (or should) bother them anyway, so let's just wait.

"This complex and extraordinary program will allow these talented Cadets to shine, all-the-while explaining what this drum corps is about, said Hopkins. Through incredible visuals, musical arrangements, segmentation, voice and narration, The Cadets will relay the philosophies the corps has carried within its heart for 73 years - goal setting, diversity, practice and performance.

Surprises in store for fans include professional narration, a passionate ballad, a show epilogue and a throw-down percussion feature written by Aungst that could bring instrumentation to the field never before seen in the activity. Staff are also studying the possibility of altering numbers within sections, increasing the hornline to 68 members, Hopkins said."

Can we get a link or conformation from a Cadets member before we get all bent out of shape over what could be nothing?

Can we get a link or conformation from a Cadets member before we get all bent out of shape over what could be nothing?

here's a link directly off of the cadets website: The news

you have to scroll down a bit for the information mentioned in the original post.