Cadets Narration 2007

I don't think that there is a word in the english dictionary that can describe the amount of discontent that I have for you. I hope, for the sake of pissing you off, that EVERY single drum corps has at least a small portion of narration in their show this year. That way, maybe... JUST maybe, you will finally stop watching drum corps as it is now, and live in your own happy world, watching shows before 2004.

~>conner

That's nice :blink:

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's nice :blink:

Maybe not . . .but somewhat warranted.

There are some things that just turn a person off...yer eating an apple..and you find a worm. You know perfectly well that the area not touching the worm is fine to eat, but you throw the apple out.

Yes, but do you throw away every other apple in the bowl because there might possibly be a worm in one of them? Do you swear off apples forever because of one worm?

So what happens if you go to a show, "hear kick butt horns and drums, and great colorguard", and then there is amped voice. Does that mean that the first thing you said is completely negated? It shouldn't matter that there is voice or not. People are still playing, spinning, and drumming. There is just a new element thrown into the show. If you don't like the voice, watch the drill while it is going on or listen somewhere else. I'm not saying you should start liking amped voice, but atleast look into the positives the show does have to offer. Brass, guard, and drums are still going to be out there throwing down.....

The problem I have with the sections of a show where there is amped voice is that you can't avoid it.

First, the fact that it is amped makes it very prevalent and not something you can easily look past.

Second, most of the time there is little else going on at those times. The narration or vocal part is the focus of the show at that time.

In BD 05, the music (and really the show) stopped avery few seconds for the DJ's part. He was, in many ways, the show; everything focused on him (that's how I felt) and not on the music or the dancing.

In Blue Stars last summer, nothing was happening during the narration. Everyone around me said they just wanted to hear more of the hornline which either stopped playing or was doing backfield whole notes during narration. It was dead space in the show. I DON'T remember, or care, what was said. I DO remember the guard standing on boxes for freedom of speech and the flags with religious symbols for Freedom of Religion. A pictures worth a thousand words (or whatever the actual saying).

Hey Hrothgar, I'm pretty sure you forgot to respond to him. Hmm, I wonder why?

I have to give you credit tho, because as much as people hate to hear a show has narration, you shove your foot so far in your mouth, that people see how idiotic it is to hate a show before they watch it.

Meanwhile, I'm going to hope and pray that your post about Hopkins being somehow affliated with Nazi's that I reported gets you banned temporarily. Maybe you forgot, but DCP has Guidelines so that it doesn't become RAMD.

So, Catherine...uhhh Hrothgar, I look forward to seeing you respond to the above post.

What's to respond? It's his opinion, which I repect and understand.

Yes, but do you throw away every other apple in the bowl because there might possibly be a worm in one of them? Do you swear off apples forever because of one worm?

If somebody tells me that there is a worm in a apple I am about to eat, I'm not going to eat it.

If the narration adds to the enjoyment of the 2007 Cadets' show, I'm all for it.

If the Cadets find a pro under 22 years of age to do the narration, then good for them.

Fran

What if the whole bowl is wormy? It's not yet. And hopefully won't be but if the overwhelming majority of the apples have worms you might be tempted to throw out the whole bushel because trying to find the one good apple may not be worth the effort. That was my weird anology of the day. :P

Hasn't happened yet but if it does yeah I quit eating that brand of apples. You get the gist.

Considering the source, sometimes I'd prefer to find out for myself.

To make this analogy a little more apt, you keep getting the same 18 apples over and over, and you know 3-4 of them will always have a worm...