Cadets Narration 2007

Oh no, I apologize if that's what you took from that - definately not meant to go back at you. It was meant to reference that some people do however base their appreciation of a show on the numbers.

Again, you loved it - that's awesome. I recognize that it was performed exceedingly well, but it's not on any of my playlists and I don't plan to watch it again of my own free will any time soon. I'm not saying that my personal preferences are best for everyone, just that stating the score a show got is a weak argument for greatness (though, it is not entirely invalid).

Okay then, sorry if I'm heated, I do tend to get quite heated in these forums from time to time :worthy:

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The joys of (mis)communication in the technology age :)

Even when I criticize a corps...I still love them all in the end, and would gladly watch even my least favorite shows rather than to have no corps at all.

When they released those clips, that was when I was assuming they were not going to be including narration. Narration ruins a drum corps show for me. It's as simple as that. Now I hope the show is the worst that it can be music-wise and drill-wise, so not that much is wasted.

I don't think that there is a word in the english dictionary that can describe the amount of discontent that I have for you. I hope, for the sake of pissing you off, that EVERY single drum corps has at least a small portion of narration in their show this year. That way, maybe... JUST maybe, you will finally stop watching drum corps as it is now, and live in your own happy world, watching shows before 2004.

~>conner

I don't think that there is a word in the english dictionary that can describe the amount of discontent that I have for you. I hope, for the sake of pissing you off, that EVERY single drum corps has at least a small portion of narration in their show this year. That way, maybe... JUST maybe, you will finally stop watching drum corps as it is now, and live in your own happy world, watching shows before 2004.

~>conner

You're forming your opinions of me as a person based on my opinions of drum corps? Wow...

Conner, I feel the same way about a lot of what you say about drum corps, but I'm sure you're probably a really awesome guy.

You're forming your opinions of me as a person based on my opinions of drum corps? Wow...

Conner, I feel the same way about a lot of what you say about drum corps, but I'm sure you're probably a really awesome guy.

Your opinions about drum corps, your words, everything, go much beyond what you think about drum corps. Morals, etc come into play when you have said specifically you wanted to boo and degrade a certain corps this past summer, knowing full well how hard they worked to get to the point they did. Now... If I can only remember which corps... :worthy:

Your opinions about drum corps, your words, everything, go much beyond what you think about drum corps. Morals, etc come into play when you have said specifically you wanted to boo and degrade a certain corps this past summer, knowing full well how hard they worked to get to the point they did. Now... If I can only remember which corps... :worthy:

Teal Sound was it? :P

Edited by Hrothgar15

I'm forming my opinions on the fact that you don't give anything a chance the second narration becomes involved. That's just stupid... you're wearing blinders. The audio clip The Cadets posted was fabulous, and you know it... why would you be so quick to disregard it, because someone talks during a show? That, to me, is pathetic.

You just posted that you would boo a corps.

Why? Why would you even do it?

I'm forming my opinions based on the 1,000something posts you have made on DCP. I've never met you in person, and I'm sure if I did, you'd be... a very different person... I guess.

but as far as your posts on DCP, my post still stands.

~>conner

Edited by PhantomR

I'm forming my opinions on the fact that you don't give anything a chance the second narration becomes involved. That's just stupid... you're wearing blinders. The audio clip The Cadets posted was fabulous, and you know it... why would you be so quick to disregard it, because someone talks during a show. That, to me, is pathetic.

You just posted that you would boo a corps.

Why? Why would you even do it?

I'm forming my opinions based on the 1,000something posts you have made on DCP. I've never met you in person, and I'm sure if I did, you'd be... a very different person... I guess.

but as far as your posts on DCP, my post still stands.

~>conner

Gotcha. :)

How blind. Its a fact Phantom told their story better than Cadets, proof ?? Its called crowd response and connection with the audience. Case closed.

~G~

Read much?

I never compared the two corps in this case. The point was made that Phantom told the story well without the use of voice, and IMO, they did not. It has nothing to do with The Cadets.