Cadets Narration 2007

And people wonder where the term "Cadet Borg" comes from. I do not, automatically "be out of my seat screaming, cheering and throwing babies for" any corps unless they earn it (in my mind). Many people will recall how I like the Scouts of the '90s, but I did not automatically "be out of my seat screaming, cheering and throwing babies for" them just because they were Scouts. There are shows of theirs I did not particularly care for, even though good friends were in the Scouts and I strongly believe in Scott Stewart's vision of drum corps.

So, if you are willing to "be out of my seat screaming, cheering and throwing babies for" the Cadets without even knowing how that show will come off, don't be offended by the term "Cadet Borg." By the way, if I go to the show and I watch the Cadets, I'm not going to leave the show because I won't automatically "be out of my seat screaming, cheering and throwing babies for" The Cadets. I hope that doesn't ruin the show for you. I decide who I watch and who I don't, not you.

EXCUSE ME?!!!! I don't remember telling you what to do or who you should scream for, cheer for, and throw babies at. I was simply stating how I felt about The Cadets. I don't remember talking directly to YOU!!!!! I marched Cadets so I know exactly how those kids feel when people don't give them ANY credit. I'm not saying you should go crazy like me, but the kids DO deserve some credit. They are working their ##### off to entertain the likes of you. Like I said, if you don't like the show, go ahead sit on your hands, leave while they are performing or do whatever you choose to do while The Cadets perform. But I will have support for them no matter what. So if that makes me a "Cadet Borg" then so be it. FOR HOLY NAME SHALL ALWAYS BE!!!!

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but in my opinion you are just wrong. Narration has no place in drum corps. Amplified voice has no place in drum corps. The fact that the Cadets chose to go ahead and do it lowered their stock more than they will ever realize. Done...

.....and amplification has no place in drum corps, and "any key" instruments has no place in drum corps, and fast drill has no place in drum corps.....

It just goes on and on and on and on.....It's 2007. Whether you all realize it or not, drum corps is going to keep evolving. I am sure there will be many other people who like amplified voice in the near future.

Down with the Cadets, I hope they fold next year so we just remember their good years before they ruin everything.

This may not be what you're saying, but it sure sounds the same for a lot of people. I'm sure there are a good deal of people in the Cadets who are against narration and amplification.

I don't know where your marched for if you marched, but you do not understand DCI if you are saying something like this. Whatever it is, when you say something such as this, there is no validation. Because you do not understand or did not understand what it takes to put 135 people out on a football field to practice 12-16 hours a day or to perform in front of thousands. Forget if what they are doing is drum corps or some other field apparatus. You just don't know what this activity... or should I say performing is about. You may have performed, but you don't know what it's about. Not at all to me.

i second that

:ph34r:

Actually what I was--err, bad idea. :sshh:

Yes, very bad idea... :worthy:

I know you don't agree with them sometimes, but to say something like that... :ph34r: I'd quickly edit that out if I were you.

Edited by crashhelmi36

HEIL HOPKINS!

Hrothgar, don't get me wrong, I am not trying to bash you. I respect some of the things you say on here sometimes and give you a lot of respect for keeping with your convictions. But you have to admit that it was pretty wrong for you to wish that The Cadets' show is terrible this year just so your point can be proven. I know how you feel about old school Cadets but i'd just ask that you give The Cadets a chance this year. I know you probably won't like the show, but maybe you will respect it. I don't know what the show will be like this year either and I can't make any predictions, but I am sure they will try their best to entertain everyone.

My opinions are pathetic?

please dont be that naive. I did not say "Hrothgar, you're opinions are pathetic"....opinions are opinions, but the way you put them across, yeah well that may be pathetic. honestly, you wish that their music and visual program is a bad one?? do u have any idea what kind of cruel, nasty, and despicable comment that really is?? you're actually hoping that 135 kids your age will spend the summer marching in a horrible show...kids who spend thousands of dollars....kids who may go through hell in obstacles to just be able to march that corps...and you're ACTUALLY HOPING THEY MARCH IN A BAD SHOW?!?!? you really show you're immaturity with a comment like that. I will agree, i am not a fan of vocals or singing or any of the sort. I wish the Cadets would exclude that aspect of their program...but i still appreciate and still think their #$@#%&% good despite it. and i would never, REPEAT NEVER, would hope/wish/pray that the Cadets or any other drum corps would have a bad music and visual program because they choose to have amps and what not. I do hope every marching member gets a chance to perform in a wonderfully designed program and have the time of their lives performing for thousands and be happy with their product. Your comment is comparable to someone who is against the war in Iraq so they say something like "I really hate Bush for that war and am against it...I hope the soldiers fighting over there would die inspite of it..." maybe what you said is not to that degree, but it is that idea....that you're actually hoping these kids march in a bad program because you dont like amps....

<**> <**> <**> <**>

Edited by thePerfectbuzz

Hrothgar, don't get me wrong, I am not trying to bash you. I respect some of the things you say on here sometimes and give you a lot of respect for keeping with your convictions. But you have to admit that it was pretty wrong for you to wish that The Cadets' show is terrible this year just so your point can be proven. I know how you feel about old school Cadets but i'd just ask that you give The Cadets a chance this year. I know you probably won't like the show, but maybe you will respect it. I don't know what the show will be like this year either and I can't make any predictions, but I am sure they will try their best to entertain everyone.

Alright, I'll give them a chance. I'll say nothing more about the show until I've seen it, and who knows? I may even like it.