Did you catch that quote?

If people want to disgrace their corps then that's fine and dandy, but I know I would be pretty ###### if the corps I marched did something as immature and degrading as that.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you wouldn't have much fun with the Cavaliers

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you wouldn't have much fun with the Cavaliers

While I get where you're going with that comment, I don't think the Cavaliers would ever do such a thing in their actual show as to shout obscenities at the judges. I just think a distinction should be made here between conduct on the field and conduct off the field. I've seen enough questionable off-field conduct from many corps (including more than one championship organization) that leave a bad taste in my mouth, but when it comes to on-field demeanor, they present themselves in the best manner possible, which I respect. This particular example of shouting an obscenity during a show, however, is something I consider to be over the line of good taste.

If they yell obscenities during their show because they are ###### at the judges then you are correct.

I seriously doubt that is the case, but I could be wrong.

OOOOHHHHHH.....NOW I get it. Thanks, Scott!

Unfortunately, when I hear that section I don't hear Gloria....I hear a really BAD baritone attack....

Yikes, I remember that!! Dude came in a whole count before the rest of the hornline.

I wonder of he soiled his nice white trousers when it happened?? ^0^

confused obsessed know it all, party of one.. :worthy:

Can you please explain to me what you meant in this post, and the problem that you had with my original post?

I don't want to cause any trouble, I'd just like to know what you meant. Thanks.

Another obvious quote....BD 84....end of Latin Implosion as we're holding the last chord facing backfield...Stymie playing a lick from One More Time, Chuck Corea.

And Wayne didn;t write it...we were in brass arc one day, played the end of LI...Stymie plays the lick for the heck of it...Wayne looks at him....thinks for a second..."OK...let's keep that."

I'm pretty sure that VK soloist was the same dude who played that solo he quoted from in 1989 BD, Tim Meehan. I know he marched in '89 BD and then went to '90 VK when his dad Jack went there to teach the hornline. Not sure if he was the actual guy who played that part of the solo in '89 or if it was the other guy, but I know he was in that show.

He was also the 1991 Crossmen solo screamer and the 1992 Bottle Dance soloist....again, moving to different corps along with his dad.

Chuck Betz was the other soloist. Chuck played the solo in Singing in the Rain, but they both had the duet at the end of Summer of 42, although it was Tim who missed the slur. It wasn't done on purpose, he nail the slur every show all season except finals night.

Chuck Betz was the other soloist. Chuck played the solo in Singing in the Rain, but they both had the duet at the end of Summer of 42, although it was Tim who missed the slur. It wasn't done on purpose, he nail the slur every show all season except finals night.

I noticed that as well ... I never heard him miss it all year .. but it did give me a little smurk to hear him play it the way he did at finals. Not a slam on him .. but it was Poetic in it's own way B)