Did you catch that quote?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in cadets' last championship bernstein show, there was a little quote of "appalachian..." just before the "tonight" push

in cadets' last championship bernstein show, there was a little quote of "appalachian..." just before the "tonight" push

Yeah, think the closer goes Candide, Mass, Candide, Appalachian Spring, Tonight (company front), Appalachian Spring, Maria, and Make Our Garden Grow (same ending as the '85 show).

What I wouldn't give to hear those tunes again. :angry:

Yeah, think the closer goes Candide, Mass, Candide, Appalachian Spring, Tonight (company front), Appalachian Spring, Maria, and Make Our Garden Grow (same ending as the '85 show).

What I wouldn't give to hear those tunes again. :angry:

There was A LOT more than that mixed in .... give me a few minutes to see if I remember............

after Fancy free ...... motif's .... low brass candide .... mello's Sanctus from Mass ... Sops Aneus Dei ... Mello's Tonight .... Baris May your garden grow ... Sops Maria .... Mello's Coplands 5th ... full line Appalachian Spring ... more maria in the Sops .... TONIGHT front .... the psych Reverse Z pull ... yadda yadda

You get the picture

I believe that is the Firebird quote at the end of Phantom 04 correct?

Like three notes of it...

Get ready for the FULL THING this year. Yay for bringing back classic old charts! :angry::angry:

Traditionalism FTW.

Really? I've never picked out Star or Cavies....I can learly hear POTO an Slaughter, tho...if you can give a clue to the others that'd be great...unless you're talking about visual quotes as well as musical...

The Cavies quote is right before the drum solo where PR quotes the Gloria ending.

Hmm?

Right after the 4-note ascending melody of "New World," there's a four-note descending melody that sounds like the Dvorak theme, but is actually "Johnny One-Note." They're very similar, and it's extremely clever writing on the part of whoever arranged Pahntom's horn book that season.

Troppers snares spelled out "HI MOM" in their drum solo in 82 ("Wabash Cannonball").