Did you catch that quote?

Someone once posted that all the cymbals at the end of Madison Scouts' 1988 show shouted "F*** YEAH!" at the very end of the show. I checked it out, and I think it might be true.

This isn't really a quote either...but I was watching about the fifty-billionth showing of "Back to the Future" Movies on AMC when I recognized a tune at the beginning of the 3rd movie. Freelancers 1991 show had that as a ballad.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cavaliers 2006 quote themselves from 2004 (ballad chord)...but everyone knows that.

If you watch the very end of BD 2002... A snare drummer yells WAZZZUAAAAAA!

Tickled my funny bone.

While I get where you're going with that comment, I don't think the Cavaliers would ever do such a thing in their actual show as to shout obscenities at the judges. I just think a distinction should be made here between conduct on the field and conduct off the field. I've seen enough questionable off-field conduct from many corps (including more than one championship organization) that leave a bad taste in my mouth, but when it comes to on-field demeanor, they present themselves in the best manner possible, which I respect. This particular example of shouting an obscenity during a show, however, is something I consider to be over the line of good taste.

This must exclude the era of full corps retreats--hehe. Those guys were funny on retreat.

We were not exactly angels on retreat either.... :worthy:

I meant my comment to more as a joke than anything - they take care of business during their show. I doubt that would happen during a show with them (hard to be upset with the judges when you're in first :)).

Now, during retreat...that was something else entirely. Just wow.