surpise corps out of the gate

I'm guessing that their staff is going to be careful to try not to peak to early again this year. I thought they peaked at the right time, Finals night. A good corps, but for them to move up in the ranks someone else will have to come down - and that's a tall order. Check corpsreps for the scores from Finals, i.e., the corps that finished First place in 2005 and the corps that finished 5th place in 2006.

Elmo Blatch

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expect big things from Pacific Crest this year

I expect big things from Pacific Crest this year

I agree with that.I mean,not necessarily BIG big,but atleast positive movement up the ladder.I'm really digging their Vegas show this year.

I also think Mandarins could be a dark horse later on in the year.I just have feeling about them this year..

Cavies, Bluedevils, Cadets, Bluecoats,Phantom Regiment, battling it out all year for top spots like they always do. I would love to see SCV right up there in the end.

Blue Knights and Crown always great, in the middle of the pack of the top twelve.

Glassman, Blue Stars, Crossmen, Scouts, Crusaders battling it out close behind them for finals appearances.

Academy will come out strong with an excellent show, welcome to Div 1 you certainly deserve it and have earned it, no problem making at least semi's this season. Hopefully!

Most improved,and possibly will be one of the most talked about corps this season will probably be the Troopers. From what I've learned their show design staff looks top notch, their caption heads look realy good, they appear to be fielding a full corps of 135? Lots of percussion and color guard coming out o south Texas. Not normal for Troopers.

They are supposedly getting all new uniforms and equipment-much needed, and their show will feature Curiele, Brubeck, Goodin Goodwin-Big Phat Band, love that. Not sure if all this is true, but if it is, let me reiterate, The Troopers will by far be the most improved corps in Div 1 this season.

This certainly would be great for DCI. Welcome back Troopers.

Good Luck to all marching musicians this year. I can't wait for Pasedena.

Regiment seemed to start off a little slow this past year and I think they will pick it up a bit this year. With no real knowledge about the shows yet this year they are my pick to win it.

Vanguard- I have a good feeling about them this year, and I think this is the year that Vanguard is back for real.

Glassmen- I loved the show last year and with the addition of sal salas I expect great things from them this year.

Blue Stars- Now that they have a little experience in D1 I think they have a legit shot at finals. That staff knows what they are doing

Crossmen- I just don't know about them yet. Can't wait to see them though

At one time in drum corps history I could agree with a corps doing that. But the way the juniors are run now, it would be unfeasible for them to do it. Plus the halftime would be looked upon much lower than it already it. People want to see popular entertainers, not a marching band.

Scouts because eeryone in DCP thinks they are going to suck. They are going to own everone. :rolleyes:

Vanguard- I have a good feeling about them this year, and I think this is the year that Vanguard is back for real.

Ummm... Vanguard is the only corps that has finished in the top 12 every single year of the DCI era and has only finished out of the top 6 like two or three times. They can't be back 'cuz by anyone's standards they never left.