Jaw dropping visuals in History

Being a drummer I love drum visuals. Some that come to mind were the Anaheim stick flip circa 72-73 can't remember exactly. The Bridgemen blindfold drum solo. Cavaliers around 76 I believe snares playing a roll with the sticks coming up to their ears and playing clean!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He made it clear...if it happened a third time, he would pull his weapon...

And shoot himself?? :doh:

Someone mentioned this recently in the "Old School Color Guard" thread and it fits here, as well: the Troopers rifle exchange around the drum major. Those girls were great and I doubt they ever missed, but the drum major must have had nerves of steel. I replay that move over and over when I watch the '79 Legacy DVD.

Thanks! I was one of them in '78 and '79. We never hit the DM. Really there is plenty of room as long as he doesn't move. Eventually, they get used to it.

My list:

Bridgemen fall '75

SCV bottledance '79

Rockford File

...And just how did SCV do the thing with the green and white pants ? That was amazing!

:rolleyes:

...And just how did SCV do the thing with the green and white pants ? That was amazing!

:worthy:

With the help of that wonderful, magical stuff...VELCRO! ^OO^

Edited by MsBusDriver

With the help of that wonderful, magical stuff...VELCRO! ^OO^

So all my instructors LIED to me!!! Santa Clara DOESN'T put their pants on the same way we did!! :worthy:

... or the gesture at the end of the Opener in 89.

Ya mean this one? B)

89scvgesture-RS.jpg

Edited by bradrick

Sorry, it's a drill move and it's recent not legacy, but I've been absolutely amazed at the rotating lines of 4 +/- in Cavies shows the last three years. Going into the ladder circle in "Chicago--My town" especially--too much to take in.

OK, more along the legacy time frame, and back to visuals. The drunken pirate with the bottle of rum in the Scouts Pirate show--what was that? 95? Sorry, forget the year. Too funny! And the sword fight over the drum solo. And the company front with the Pirate King and the sword in front of the corps. Cool!

And I've said it in the other forum, but how many times do you schedule Mother Nature's involvement? '94 Phantom Regiment ballad, Clair de Lune, ending in the kneel down facing back right--RIGHT AT THE FULL MOON!! C'mon--you have to throw the high visual caption our way for that one!

I've asked before with no reply--was that planned?? OMG, JC, HS!!

edit: Kind of subtle visual that few knew of and fewer would have caught. '92 Sky was the Brigadoon show--plaid, DM in a kilt, etc. Well, the Cadets DM--the girl who was really hot--started off the year with a nice white or cream clip-on bow in her hair. It apparently ended up clipped onto the little ribbons hanging down the back of OUR DM's beret during the season. How it got there I probably won't ever know--or at least the price paid for it!

Edited by silvertrombone

Kate K's top in '98 Bush. :P b**bs

VK's shark

the pirate and the sword fight from Madison(it was 97)

SCV's levitating magic trick from 86(I liked it,shoot me)

the Bridgemen faint

any time SCV does a quick 180 degree turn.

left handed 16 notes ala Bridgemen snare line

anytime BD's snare line does a tendu while crabbing.

SCV's tom line 98-99

18 contras(Star 86)

the soprano(s) crabbing with the snares while Garfields company front(87) dissolves and reappears.

Tom Smith starting the show up the ramp in 1985 Garfield and making it to the first set perfectly(I know its a drill move,but its f in awesome) :drool:

Yea,Im a little biased. :) But just a little.