Most extreme shows!

I just saw the video clip of Glassmen in 04 performing at Allentown in the pouring rain. Also I've seen pictures of Capital Regiment challenging a tornado. And the other one I heard is sometime in 99 I believe when the lights went out on BD and they marched their show in the dark!!

Are there any other great show stories like these...

Discuss.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any one who marched Glassmen last year can attest to the crazy performance we had a tattoo in Saint Quentin, France. A tattoo is more like a variety show and nothing like the drum corps shows that Americans are used to. During this particular show, the Glassmen did not go on until around midnight (as is normal--we weren't running behind schedule) and there were no overhead lights. Instead the only lighting of the field was a rotating spotlight. The light could either leave you in complete darkenss or blind you, or a little of both! Whatever the show lacked in visual clarity (due to not being able to see yardlines, equipment, or the drum major very well) we made up for in emotion, because the crowds over there are INSANE!

And yes, the 1004 Allentown show is somewhat of a Glassmen legend at this point, and all the vets that went through say it was the most emotionally charged show of the year.

ECJ played through lightning at finals in '04. There was no rain or wind or anything, but we could see the bolts striking in the distance behind the crowd, and DCI officials tried to stop the show over the loudspeaker. The crowd went crazy and we fed off it for the last minute or so, but a lot of people on here got ###### afterwards because of the potential danger the crowd and the corps were in. Oh well.

PR 96... Camp Randall Stadium... ^0^