Midseason Itch...

MHSmirage

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i haven't been to any regionals yet, so i can only comment on my local circuit...

miamisburg (SW) is back! their show is entertaining and very well put together

zydeco (IO) is also well designed and i love their concept. they have outstanding performers.

westerville (IA) wow! was a great show! i imagine this group to place quite high a finals this season.

Friendly discussion, who have you seen that stands out? Any dark horses? Who disappointed you this season?

--------

I totaly dig on Code Black (IO from Houston,Tx). I can't wait to see what updates and modifications they've done.

discuss

Uhmm, not a whole lot. They are stickin around a 76 in TCGC.....after a 79 in WGI...sounds like they are trying to stay in open by dumbing it down...or so I have heard. I got sucked into the rumor mill, I know, I know

-----------

But anyways, I am liking Flanagan so far and Blessed Sac.

Edited by Musical_Spinner

IO

black gold will be hot. they don't have everything yet, but the show is very well put together.

ars nova was a good show, a lot drops last night though.

haven't seen code black yet.

SA

i liked fossil ridge and haltom--they're from the NTCA circuit. i believe they will do well

If you liked NEi last year you will be blown away this year! This show is beatiful and amazing and fast and slow and the whole package. I see a medal in their furture.

Braddok was so different from past years. it took me by surprise. Very pretty not so in your face and the scores show the judges seem to like them this way.

Loved Flanagan , Stoneman Douglas is also great Favoriet SW show so far.

SO Seminole is wonderful. love this show and for once I'm thrilled the judges love them to.

IO watch out for Fahrenheit that 12 place won't last long saw the show this weekend again and it was hot hot hot 80.7. Braddok IO has a really interesting opening to their show preforming under a gauz like fabric very cool.

SA watch out for Taravella and please don't miss this show. It is better than Lake Mary was when they took home gold in this class. This is 1 of my all time favoriet shows and I only saw it the 1st regional weekend. It brought tears to my eyes and all the people around me were wiping their eyes as well. All I can say is we will be talking about them in the future

Sac was just as awesome as I remembered them always being - Of course, I'm a big Johnny Cash fan, so that didn't hurt, but still ! Man, they have SO much going on the whole show!

I ALWAYS love Sonnor - They've got some real guts, equipment-wise!

And, in Open - Emanon's a hoot! Well-designed fun, high-energy show, and they perform the heck out of it!

Just some thoughts from an old horn player who wandered over to CGP to say hello :P

Edited by grenadasmoothie

I've only been to WGI Dayton and the Indiana circuit......(can't be objective about Avon)

Love Miamisburg and Onyx World! This the best Miamisburg show I have seen in the last 8 years we've been watching. They had the dropsies at prelims, but put on a great show at finals. They could medal this year!

I have only seen mostly Florida guards, but am hoping to have some new favorites this weekend in Atlanta.

So far, I do like Stoneman Douglas, Byrnes HS and of course Fahrenheit.

See you all in Atlanta!