Favorite muscial endings

billj

I was listening to DCI Season Pass the other day (much easier thn dusting off the albums!), and I was reminded of one of my favorite musical endings to a song...

1985 Velvet Knights - Final Analysis by Don Ellis. It's a cool jazz piece that has a hilarious it-just-won't-end ending, inlcuding several dozen "stingers" (along with a tribute to the Bridgemen - my interpretation of the William Tell lick, any way).

Sorry, I know many people may not be familiar with this, or even have access to it, but I thought I'd lay it out there.

What's your favorite musical ending (funny, awesome, emotional, etc.) to a corps song?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ending to the last movement of James Barnes' Third Symphony = Greatest Ending EVER

whoops, this was supposed to be "corps songs"

I always thought the ending to the 1997 Madison Show was one of the best ever.

Although I've never seen Pioneer's 1997 show, I listened to it off their website...and that sounds like a pretty awesome one too

Edited by NR_Ohiobando

The first year Academie Musicale won Division III. The ending of "The Young Sherlock Holmes" had the corps in a tight block that disintegrated as members poured off to the right, ending in frozen sculptural poses. As the block began, the horns were playing a soft chord and as each broke off from the block, they started singing their note on "ah." The effect was such that one couldn't tell when the horns stopped playing and the members started vocalizing, but here the bugles were all down and the chord was still being heard, allowing one to realize what had happened. It was an awesome and chilling effect. When I first saw it at Division II & III finals, I was speechless.

SCV 1997-THE MOST UNDERATED ENDING EVER! I don't think that crowd understood just how amazing it was, at least as a whole they didn't "give it up" the way they should have!

SCV 1997-THE MOST UNDERATED ENDING EVER! I don't think that crowd understood just how amazing it was, at least as a whole they didn't "give it up" the way they should have!

Which crowd are you speaking of? Did everyone that entire summer miss how amazing it was?

Wayne Downey ending number 1-25. Pick a year.