Favorite muscial endings

billj

Off the top of my head I'm gonna go with

'90 SCV last note of their Carmen show, played from the tunnel

with honorable mentions to

'91 SCV helicopter effect going off the field

'97 Crossmen and their huge chord at the finale that gets even bigger for the final 10 seconds

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow surprised no one has said SCV 2004 before the tag ending for finals night. I absolutely love the curtain call and the HUGE ### chord. shivers evertime. :laugh:

Off the top of my head:

Phantom Regiment 1997 - The show doesn't get a lot of praise on here, but I LOVE the tag ending (can't beleive that added that much for finals week).

Glassmen 1999 - closser - from the unison horn statement until the end. Great stuff with the mellos playing that crazy little run while moving in a circle around part of the pit.

SCV 2000 - The ending to Adagio for Strings (not sure if the topic is only for show endings) - simply moving.

Off the top of my head:

Phantom Regiment 1997 - The show doesn't get a lot of praise on here, but I LOVE the tag ending (can't beleive that added that much for finals week).

Glassmen 1999 - closser - from the unison horn statement until the end. Great stuff with the mellos playing that crazy little run while moving in a circle around part of the pit.

Yes....just watched it a few days ago. I love the ending of the piece before the tag as well; those 20 or so seconds literally perfectly epitomize classic Phantom Regiment. Sheer overwhelming power to end that piece.

I don't have the video up at school, but that's still one of my favorite shows/endings ever (Glassmen '99). The unison brass statement towards the end is one of the best hornline moments in the history of drum corps, and I don't feel like that's an exaggeration at all. It's really too bad that it seems so unlikely that this show will ever wind up in theaters.

I also just watched Cadets '97 recently, and I must say....someone once posted here, criticizing the fact that the show ended with those eighth notes....that was pure ignorance, really. I thought the eighth notes were incredibly effective; perfectly capturing the playful humor that was prevalent throughout the whole show.

My personal favorite ending of all time is BD 1995.

other favorites:

BD '91, 00, 06

Bluecoats 96

....I just realized, there's no way I'm going to list them, there's honestly way too many. Sorry. Drum corps are really good at ending shows.

Another one: PR 91 - Pagliacci - The hornline is facing backfield in the shape of a heart - and the sound is simply amazing.

Cadets 1999 - Big Apple - about the last minute of the show:

Classic kaleidoscope drill, a strong hornline pushing to the end, and soaring Cadets mellophones doing crazy runs.

Edit: HAVE to mention the endings to Madison 97, and BD 94-95

Edited by raphael18

04 Madison- half the hornline stops playing and they don't get any softer. Then they reenter, and the whole thing gets a LOT louder!

91 BD, about the last minute or so of the show. Hornline's playing some insanely loud stuff as they unwind into the end-zone to end-zone company front.

BD '92

Star '93

Cavies '01