Drum Corps Bloopers - Classic Moments

baja

BD 04 as the train is leaving the field at the end. tenor bites it, watch drum cam

lol, I laughed pretty hard when I saw that one for the first time. :ph34r:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crown 06. Semifinals. During the 3rd movement, one of our bari players tripped while marching backwards right when we set up what we called the "Conveyor Belt"(when you watch the dvd, this is the section where we make a triangle and each section of the triangle is moving diagonally in a different direction, this set was very dangerous, because slight error could mean total disaster)....this person fell, knocking over another bari player, then somehow(I'm not exactly sure how) both managed to get back into the set before it finished, which is a feat in itself. The crowd seemed to sigh relief and clapped for the recovery. Definitely a scary moment.

I know that kid.

~>conner

Edited by PhantomR

Too lazy to look for it, but how 'bout the episode from '82 Precision West where VK's DMs did their salute with the beach chairs followed by BD's DMs addition to the fun by supplying a pineapple and an umbrella to them?

UPDATE:

That...is AWESOME!!!

I didn't catch it on finals night, and haven't seen the finals video yet, but a friend told me right after the show that there was a person who was very noticeably out of step during the finals performance of Bluecoats '06 during the company front.

I haven't heard anyone else bring this up, so I don't know if it's true or not.

Bluecoats in 01 at Indy there was a pile up of contra's. I think they lost half of their line in that move. There were two or three bells that were facing the wrong way by the end of it. The guard did a great job of picking up helmets from the field as they were doing equipment changes.

Cadets 99, Drums Along the Rockies... BD was around the corner waiting to go on next and heard a huge gasp from the crowd during Cadets' toilet boil drill thing in their show... lotta people went down (this could be wrong, but a guy i know was in BD that year and told me about it).

that was almost a complete disaster. The fact that none of the trumpet players fell over her is a gift from God, because that could have (and physically should have) been a multi-person pile-up.

~>conner

She broke her rib when she hit, and finished the entire show like that.

Gotta love dedication.

BD 04 as the train is leaving the field at the end. tenor bites it, watch drum cam
lol, I laughed pretty hard when I saw that one for the first time. :ph34r:

I laugh every time I see that. In fact I make it a point to watch that multiple times whenever I watch that show.

somebody might have mentioned this one in a different thread. but crown 06 finals, somebody misses their count by about 4 beats on the long peal-off file and ends up sprinting into a full corps hold about 4 counts late.

What's the timestamp on the DVD where that occurs?