Drum Corps Rivalries

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously, Cadets/Cavis. I don't think we can leave out Blue Devils/SCV. Carolina Crown/Boston Crusaders seems to be gaining momentum.

Is Cadets/SCV just a few people or just very quiet?

Rivalries tend to disolve when one corps moves up or down significantly in placement. Crossmen and Bluecoats were big rivals in the early 90s, but not so much anymore.

I think the Crossmen/Cadet rivalry will blossem like a spring flower when the Texas crew start knock on the top 3 door....give it 5 years.

Star vs. the Fans? That's hilarious! Generally, the "fans" would always be VERY supportive of Star while the performance was taking place (*Exception=1993....and I'm OK with that - having been a member of that particular year was absolutely amazing despite whatever reaction we may have received - I truly belive that by that point in time we were doing things for oursleves and nobody else). It always did seem as if there was something inherently "wrong" with things when you play a show that is basically a "Tribute to America", including strains from the National Anthem....and you still get booed.

That's what I meant by that.