Cavalier dominance 2000-Present

I would like to add that the Cavies became the dynasty they are when they moved to Rosemont. The support of the mayor and city has helped them to have the financial support necessary to be successful. Also, Superman Jeff Fiedler has done an outstanding job as corps director. Mr. Fiedler has been able to put together the right team. Their overal design team, administration, and captions are very talented and dedicated to the corps. Finally, the members are top notch gentlemen, who work hard and are keeping the traditions of the Green Machine alive and well.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOPs, they used an amplified guard last year...

I know the guard uniform had a headset microphone, but they weren't turned on or anything. It was merely decoration.

yes

A prime example of a corps playing it smart. As you said, there were a boatload of notes during that twelve counts, but only the mellophones were playing. So that leaves the other 50+ people of the hornline with only drill responsibilities. The crowd hears lots of notes, they see crazy drill, it works, they go nuts, and the staff only has to worry about getting twelve (at the most) musicians to play while moving there. Pretty smart on their part. Well done. Loved it.

jayzer, getting defensive, said "work smarter not harder" as a rebuttal

Come on.. the guy wrote FOUR WORDS and from that you surmised he was "getting defensive?"

"Work smarter, not harder" is a work ethic they live at Cavaliers. Why would saying so mean he was being "defensive?"

as for programmed breaks and working smarter, not harder.. I was sitting in the office the other night admiring that impressive Jim Ott award on the display case thinking just how effective their brass program has become over the past series of years.. so I guess the proof of the pudding really is in the eating..

Stef

Come on.. the guy wrote FOUR WORDS and from that you surmised he was "getting defensive?"

"Work smarter, not harder" is a work ethic they live at Cavaliers. Why would saying so mean he was being "defensive?"

as for programmed breaks and working smarter, not harder.. I was sitting in the office the other night admiring that impressive Jim Ott award on the display case thinking just how effective their brass program has become over the past series of years.. so I guess the proof of the pudding really is in the eating..

Stef

maybe it's the imaginary tone of voice and sarcasm i hear while reading his posts (me thinking that isn't completely unwarrented given the poster)

he could have explained it a little bit more...

Edited by Phantom&Phitch

A prime example of a corps playing it smart. As you said, there were a boatload of notes during that twelve counts, but only the mellophones were playing. So that leaves the other 50+ people of the hornline with only drill responsibilities. The crowd hears lots of notes, they see crazy drill, it works, they go nuts, and the staff only has to worry about getting twelve (at the most) musicians to play while moving there. Pretty smart on their part. Well done. Loved it.

heh, i'd take 12 over 0. and fine there are plent of other examples...

toilet bowl in 98, end of opener in 97, end of show in 2000

OOPs, they used an amplified guard last year. A fantastic use too, if there is such a thing.

Umm.. pretty sure you are incorrect on that.

The mic'd sound effects all came from the pit. The guard was only wearing a headpiece that LOOKED like it had a mic. They weren't hooked up to anything (I help out the sewing crew on occasion).

Stef

heh, i'd take 12 over 0. and fine there are plent of other examples...

toilet bowl in 98, end of opener in 97, end of show in 2000

Yeah, and you can say the same about any other corps. They all have tremendous examples of simultaneous responsibilities. And they all have examples of "ehhhh, not so much." They all work hard. And in a matter of speaking, they all work smart. Especially if you're contending for a title year in and year out the way the Cadets, Cavaliers, and Blue Devils have for the past several years. There are three examples of very smart, very hard working drum corps.