I gave up a lot of money.

But I would do it again in a second.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lot's of social relationships through out high school. started marching my freshman year of high school. at drum corps i was always the immature kid, then at school i was always the weird mature kid who didn't really fit in. on top of that, concerts, time with girlfriend, parties, random stuff like that.

but, it was well worth every second of it. without giving those things up for drum corps, i never would've met my hero, moved across the country, be with my current lady friend, or have my amazing job working for a drum company.

i'd say it balances itself out as everything in life usually does.

-christopher

Well, I gave up Band camp in high school. I was a rising junior in high school when I marched my first season last year. I also missed the opportunity to attend various music camps, and take private lessons during the summer. I even received a scholarship to a music camp this summer, but am marching drum corps instead, because I love the corps I march with that much. Heck, you can only march for a limited amount of time, and there are thousands of other musical workshops, camps, etc. I can do for the rest of my life. I'd take drum corps in a second over everything else I have the opportunity to do this summer.

If I gave up over $10,000 to march. I took 12 credits for two years so that I could work part time in order to pay tour fees and to make up for the lost $$ in the summer. Because of this, and the fact that I couldn't take summer classes, I graduated from college in five years instead of four. My parents didn't pay for that last year, so I had a $10K tuition loan and interest after graduation to pay off.

And I don't regret it for a second. :)

Great thread.

Like Mr Blatch,

I too, gave up my baseball card collection.

Sold it to a guy in Atlanta, to pay rent and Corps Dues.

Haven't missed those cards once, yet gained a lifetime collection of friends . . .

I didn't give up anything. Everything I could have given up would be there when I got home, well, unless there was like death and fire.

3. 2 band camps with friends (yes, I went to band camp. yes if you say "this one time at band camp" I will send minjas after you)

What the heck is a "minja"? :P

As for myself, spening time with my girlfriend (we were in a pretty serious relationship). She was always there though to welcome me home all three of the summers I marched. Maybe some fun stuff like summer parties or trips with friends, but that was it. Whatever small things I gave up mean little now compared the memories I had those summers.