Spring Finals Predictions

6.) Can't see Cadets jumping from the Wonderland that is 5th place all the way to 1st any more than I can see PR going from 8-8-7-6-5-4-5-3-2 to 6th! Top 3 probably doesn't change--3-point+ spread is still 3-point spread. Probably won't be a 3-point spread again, champion will probably score higher, and 4th will be closer, but I still see:

this doesnt make sense....cadets have jumped from 5 to 1st before. but ok then if YOU cant see that. and phantom cant drop to 6th?? is that crazier of a thought than Cadets winning with a 99.15 and dropping to 5th with a 93.075 ?

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a question for all of you prognosticators: out of all of you who do NOT currently march in a corps, how many have actually been to any corps camps this winter? How many have actually seen what is going on at the corps that you are making predictions for? And, if you have seen a corps or two, have you seen just the public performances at the end of camps, or the actual work going on all weekend?

I can tell you I have seen several corps at camps this winter and there may be some pretty big surprises come June.

Just for fun. My Predictions.

"West...! West...! West...!"

This year the West will reign supreme with finals in their backyards.

Blue Devils

Cadets

Vanguard

Phantom

Cavaliers

Bluecoats

Crown

Academy

Blue Knights

Glassmen

Crusaders

Pacific Crest

Colts

Spirit

Mandarins

Troopers

Scouts

Blue Stars

Crossmen

Cascades

Southwind

Pioneer

Edited by rebu

1. Blue Devils

2. Cadets

3. Vanguard

4. Phantom

5. Bluecoats

6. Crown

7. Academy

8. Blue Knights

9. Glassmen

10. Crusaders

11. Pacific Crest

12. Colts

13. Spirit

14. Mandarins

15. Scouts

16. Blue Stars

17. Crossmen

18. Cascades

19. Capital Regiment

20. Southwind

21. The Magic

22. Pioneer

You left Cavaliers and Troopers off your list.

Sadly, you need to take off Capital Regiment and Magic.

1. Blue Devils

2. Cadets

3. Vanguard

4. Phantom

5. Bluecoats

6. Crown

7. Academy

8. Blue Knights

9. Glassmen

10. Crusaders

11. Pacific Crest

12. Colts

13. Spirit

14. Mandarins

15. Scouts

16. Blue Stars

17. Crossmen

18. Cascades

19. Capital Regiment

20. Southwind

21. The Magic

22. Pioneer

Skipped Cavaliers & Troopers, have Magic and Cap regiment who are not competing. Sounds like a Jaime Fitzpatrick prediction

2007 - Not the best season for drum corps because so many are leaving the feild for this summer and I beleive 2006 was one of the best so it will be hard to follow.

1. Cavaliers - Why not again ...

2. Phantom - So close infact beat Cavies unitl mid-season .... but come up short once again

3. BD - Blow us out of the water ... amazing show.

4. Cadets - going back to a more fan-freindly show ... goes up in placement.

5. Bluecoats - Lose a lot of their age outs ... un-able to fully pass up cadets ... maybe come super close ... but cadets beat them quarters

6. Blue Knights - Most people had them in their predictions at 14th for the 2006 season and they made 7th, hmmm ... retain a lot of their members and slowly but surely work their way up through the summer like they always do, start low; finish placing high.

7. Santa Clara - Start out slow finish the same way, neck to neck with Bk and Crown all summer. Lot of compitition here in the 5-8 placement range.

8. Crown - Start out year very strong placing 6-7 th all summer ... not neccessarily losing steam just others got better. Will however continue to bring a great program to the feild; drumline will be better but not good enough.

9. Madison - Neck to Neck with Glassmen but over come them. Starting out the season in about the 7 to 8 place range finishing up in 9th.

10. Glassmen - Better show design this year ... But unlike the glassmen of the late 90's unable to push past a 10th placement ... not that they are a bad corps or have a bad show design. But that others are just doing better these days.

11. Boston - Again starting out the season great in about the 6-8 place region end up having a bad regional show in san antonio placing 9th and down hill from there. But much better show than 2006.

12. Colts - Retaining most members and dedicated fans and staff and members, Colts are the tear jerker of the season finally making it back into finals starting out the season rough in about 13-14 range they hold their heads up high and push past spirit in the last couple of weeks before finals week.

------

Note that this is for fun ... like all predictions you may however think Im an idiot .... but also think as do I about your predictions.

-------------

The 13th - ?? corps are as follow.

13. Spirit

14. Blue Stars

15. Academy

16. Southwind

17. Mandarins

18. Crossmen

19. Cascades

20. Pioneer

I like to think that before the season, anyone is capable of winning. All it takes is a great show and great staff, no corps has an exclusive lock on those…magic still can happen

But I like to think a lot of foolish things

About the only way I could do this is odds for the champion

Cavies 3 to 1 to win

Cadets 5 to 1 to win

Blue Devils 5 to 1 to win

SCV 11-1 to win

Phantom Regiment 12-1 to win

Madison 15-1 to win

Bluecoats 17-1 to win

And all the rest, over 100 to 1 to win