Spring Finals Predictions

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rofl

copter

Looking at the recaps, and looking at the corps itself really, SCV's visual wasn't really too much of an issue. Brass seemed to be the biggest thing for them, I don't see how changing up what they already did well will tie in more success in years to come? Regardless, good luck to SCV, I really enjoyed their visual intensity, hopefully they can keep that up with this new staff. Personally though, the organization they got most of their staff from doesn't really focus much on intensity, so, hmm...we'll see.

Regardless, here are my predictions based on my educated guesses, bias, and looking at recent patterns

1.Cadets

2.Blue Devils

3.Bluecoats

4.Phantom Regiment

5.Cavaliers

6.SCV

7.Crown

8.Glassmen

9.Boston Crusaders

10.Blue Knights

11.Spirit

12.Colts

like I said, to the best of my knowledge, bias, and patterns as of recent years, and mostly just the way I'd like to see things...mostly

2007 - Not the best season for drum corps because so many are leaving the feild for this summer and I beleive 2006 was one of the best so it will be hard to follow.

1. Cavaliers - Why not again ...

2. Phantom - So close infact beat Cavies unitl mid-season .... but come up short once again

3. BD - Blow us out of the water ... amazing show.

4. Cadets - going back to a more fan-freindly show ... goes up in placement.

5. Bluecoats - Lose a lot of their age outs ... un-able to fully pass up cadets ... maybe come super close ... but cadets beat them quarters

6. Blue Knights - Most people had them in their predictions at 14th for the 2006 season and they made 7th, hmmm ... retain a lot of their members and slowly but surely work their way up through the summer like they always do, start low; finish placing high.

7. Santa Clara - Start out slow finish the same way, neck to neck with Bk and Crown all summer. Lot of compitition here in the 5-8 placement range.

8. Crown - Start out year very strong placing 6-7 th all summer ... not neccessarily losing steam just others got better. Will however continue to bring a great program to the feild; drumline will be better but not good enough.

9. Madison - Neck to Neck with Glassmen but over come them. Starting out the season in about the 7 to 8 place range finishing up in 9th.

10. Glassmen - Better show design this year ... But unlike the glassmen of the late 90's unable to push past a 10th placement ... not that they are a bad corps or have a bad show design. But that others are just doing better these days.

11. Boston - Again starting out the season great in about the 6-8 place region end up having a bad regional show in san antonio placing 9th and down hill from there. But much better show than 2006.

12. Colts - Retaining most members and dedicated fans and staff and members, Colts are the tear jerker of the season finally making it back into finals starting out the season rough in about 13-14 range they hold their heads up high and push past spirit in the last couple of weeks before finals week.

------

Note that this is for fun ... like all predictions you may however think Im an idiot .... but also think as do I about your predictions.

That last post looks very familiar....page 6 maybe?

1. Cavaliers

2. Phantom

3. BD

4. Cadets

5. Bluecoats

6. Blue Knights

7. Santa Clara

8. Crown

9. Madison

10. Glassmen

11. Boston

12. Colts

Pretty good shot! I agree with many of your placements. Especially the 3's--top three stay the same, second 3 same except for BK/SCV--I can see that--bottom half same except for Spirit/Colts flip. I just see Xmen getting in based on talent and show--or at least I'm hoping due to my Dr Pepper bets!!

I do disagree with your assessment on the overall quality of 2007--I think this will top '06 and I'm jazzed to see everybody! Just my opinion, yours is well-supported, and if you're right I'll buy the suds!

The previous post with Cadets in first is unrealistic--bias is one thing, but jumping back over these corps is tougher than falling down the ranks. But again, they're only one year removed from a championship and Hoppy wants back in the end zone! Who blames him--I'd want to make it an even 10, too!

Loved the show line-up someone did in another thread--wow!! Looks like a great year any way you slice it.

Great analysis--I just edited it out for space.

Can I have what you're smoking??

Yeah...because they sucked after 04 when they got 4th, and after 99 when they got 4th, and after 91 when they got 6th, and 89 when they got 5th, and 86 when they got 4th...oh wait. In all seriousness, even as an alumnus, im not betting on them winning this year, but id put them 2nd maybe 3rd. I wouldnt be shocked if they won, but its gonna be a tough year for them either way (not that they ever have any other kind of year)

2. Phantom - So close infact beat Cavies unitl mid-season .... but come up short once again

Never happened. You might be thinking of the Blue Devils, who beat the Cavaliers three straight between July 8-11, but Phantom never beat either of those two until Finals night.

Never happened. You might be thinking of the Blue Devils, who beat the Cavaliers three straight between July 8-11, but Phantom never beat either of those two until Finals night.

I read his statements as predictions of what might happen in 07, not what happened last year.