• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I declare freedom of opinion!

on DCP?

does not compute.

~>conner

...what? The Blue Devils placed 2nd in Visual, only two tenths behind the cavaliers last year. They were first in colorguard, second in Visual Performance and 2nd in visual ensemble. They are one of the best visual corps out there. Seeing as how they were second in virtually every caption last year besides guard, I dont see any reasoning behind them having to specifically improve their visual.

I think he/she is referring to BD's BORING DRILL DESIGN and I 2nd that one

I think he/she is referring to BD's BORING DRILL DESIGN and I 2nd that one

BD's BORING DRILL DESIGN was far from boring.

but hey. Even the oblivious are allotted an opinion.

:)

~>conner

...what? The Blue Devils placed 2nd in Visual, only two tenths behind the cavaliers last year. They were first in colorguard, second in Visual Performance and 2nd in visual ensemble. They are one of the best visual corps out there. Seeing as how they were second in virtually every caption last year besides guard, I dont see any reasoning behind them having to specifically improve their visual.

Actually, they were 2nd in GE Visual, 2nd in performance, 3rd in ensemble, and 1st in color guard (2nd overall visual).

Seems to me, as great as all that is, there actually IS room for improvement in more than one area. That person does have a legit point. Just sayin.....

Actually, they were 2nd in GE Visual, 2nd in performance, 3rd in ensemble, and 1st in color guard (2nd overall visual).

Seems to me, as great as all that is, there actually IS room for improvement in more than one area. That person does have a legit point. Just sayin.....

they were very clean with great technique

• 2 weeks later...
BD has always been a top contender when it comes to the visual aspect of their shows. :worthy: Bones is correct, the last thing they need to do is change their visual program, cause it seems to me they are doing just fine.

I have always been a BD fan, but this is just not true, BD went thru a stretch in the late 80s/early 90s where they were not even really close to being in the running for visual. They were highly criticized for lack of it.

The horns were unbelievable, but the visual was a yawner.

Thats why 94 hit with such impact. Their visual design came back to life and blew everyone away.

I agree that their visual last year could have been better.

They did some amazing things and wouldn't say it was "bad", but I guess the bottom line is I expect more from then than what they gave last season.

BD won Visual last year. Cavies - Brass & GE, PR - Percussion, BD - Visual.