92 & 93

Blue Devils '93 (Don Ellis) - One of my favorites. Nobody else seems to like it. Sop/Bari duet in parallel octaves - beautiful.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blue Devils '93 (Don Ellis) - One of my favorites. Nobody else seems to like it. Sop/Bari duet in parallel octaves - beautiful.

I like it. I know it's heresy, but it's my favorite year for BD.

And if you're not planning on marching '07 b/c you were cut at the top 6, think again!! March ANYWHERE THAT WILL TAKE YOU!! B/C in the year 2021 when someone posts a thread titled "2006/07/08," you will not want to be Hrothgar saying, "I haven't marched yet!" You'll want to discuss your memories from tour and all the great shows that are to come!

March!!

I fully agree... but man.... your math REALLY makes me feel old!!!!! :P

You're not alone. It, along with 91, is my favorite show they've ever done musically. The solo/small ensemble work is pretty miraculous, IMO.

You're not alone. It, along with 91, is my favorite show they've ever done musically. The solo/small ensemble work is pretty miraculous, IMO.

Ditto. 91 and 93 BD were phenominal musically - and not just the solo and small ensemble work - ALL OF IT!

LOVE Cadets 1991, 1992, 1993... ok, well I like the Cadets from the '90's period.

Cavaliers 1990, 1991, 1997 are fantastic

Star of Indiana 1992!! The best patriotic show ever!

Santa Clara Vanguard 1991 - my favorite SCV show of all time; 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996

I would completely disagree with you on this.

I loved the first 2 songs, (Short Ride in a Fast Machine, and Letter from Home) At this point it might possibly have been my favorite show of all time, and then they played the closer. What a complete unmidigated disaster. The design was bad and the performance was equal to the design.

Man was that color guard great!!!!! Possibly my favorite of all time.

I guess I liked the fact that it was out of control. I never cared for the middle piece at all, but then I don't think I've ever liked any 'ballad' pieces by the Cadets over the years.