92 & 93

Two bad words: Jackson, Mississippi.

Hah. I know some had it much worse than others, like Boston had a particularly bad experience there, but overall the corps AND fans must have hated it there tremendously. I just remember the insects and snakes being real bad and crime being a bigger problem.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

* It's great to see others bringing up BD 91 and 93. IMO, the two best playing hornlines in drum corps history. It was a treat hearing those guys on tour. (Too bad the visual program hadn't quite caught up to the musicial program at that point. Of course, they fixed it the next year!)

* I also think 1990 was the overall best year ever for the top 12. Everyone was at the top of their "game" -- being the corps' musical identities/styles of the time. Just my opinion. I'm biased of course -- my second year in the activity.

* And I know people always bring up the Star vs. Cadets 93 thing. I was there on the 50(ish) yard line. Cadets were a clear winner. Blew me away. A lot can be said for G.E. (I also think that's the year the Cadets hornline turned the corner. Jay's writing had a lot to do with it.)

All good stuff. Glad to see people re-discovering these years (late 80s/early 90s) -- some of the best years ever for the activity.

Some of my Favorites from the 90's (mind you I love the quality of the brass of the last 6 years, but the volume of the 90's shows are just fabulous):

90:

Cadets

Star

PR

BD

91:

BD

Star (one of my top 10 fav's)

PR (one of my top 10 Fav's)

92:

Cavies (awsome battery)

BD

Scouts

Cadets

VK

SCV

X-Men (One of my top 10 fav's)

BK

93:

The whole top 12 (closet Colts and Gmen Fan) as well as...VK, BAC, Freelancers, Dutch Boy, and Spirit

94:

BD, Cadets, PR, Madison, Gmen, Bluecoats, BK

95:

Cavies, Scouts (DUH!!!), PR, Colts, Bluecoats (one of my top 10), SCV

96:

PR (DUH!!!), Cadets, Scouts, Colts, BK, VK, SCV

97:

BD, PR, X-Men, SCV

98:

cadets, BD, SCV, Gmen

99:

BD, SCV, BAC, Xmen, BK

Some of my Favorites from the 90's (mind you I love the quality of the brass of the last 6 years, but the volume of the 90's shows are just fabulous):

94:

BD, Cadets, PR, Madison, Gmen, Bluecoats, BK

$1 to Tony!

* I also think 1990 was the overall best year ever for the top 12. Everyone was at the top of their "game" -- being the corps' musical identities/styles of the time. Just my opinion. I'm biased of course -- my second year in the activity.

I agree... Not only the best year for top 12 corps and their identities, but top 15 too. Boston playing Conqest and all of that in 12th in quarter finals only to be 15th place after semi finals. Freelancer's Batman show taking the previous successful shows and building, and BKs awsome Berstein Stuff... I wish I could see those shows on video again...