92 & 93

Ok so missed a lot of the 90's. I marched in 84 and the had a family in the 90's but..I have been watching the 1993 finals and yes that was a great year. I would not have wanted to be a judge. Cadets and Star, from what I see on video it should have been a perfect DCI TIE. VK 92 is just great. I loved the Bottle dance “Not” that is just classic. What other shows should I watch from the 90's?BD96 yes but I can not find it on the net?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

93 = :worthy:

I was just thinking about how great it was. There were a bunch of great shows (BD, PR, SCV, Cavies... even BK) but the battle between Star and Cadets just makes the year for me. Just... :worthy:

93 Cadets - Every second makes you want to jump out of your seat, screaming like a baby.

93 Star - :wub: in a way that by the end, you are throwing your first, second, and third born children onto the field.

92 though... eh. <**> The only shows I really like from 92 are VK and SCV.

Edited by crashhelmi36

Ok so missed a lot of the 90's. I marched in 84 and the had a family in the 90's but..I have been watching the 1993 finals and yes that was a great year. I would not have wanted to be a judge. Cadets and Star, from what I see on video it should have been a perfect DCI TIE. VK 92 is just great. I loved the Bottle dance “Not” that is just classic. What other shows should I watch from the 90's?BD96 yes but I can not find it on the net?

Aside from Madison in any year in this decade, here are my recommendations:

1994: Phantom, Blue Devils

1995: Cavies, Cadets, Blue Devils

1996: Phantom

1997: Cadets

1998: SCV, Glassmen

gotta say that early 90s are my favorite years for drum corps....probably because that's when I was in high school and college and followed it religiously.

I agree with 93....those top 3 shows are my favorite top 3 from any year.

....and I gotta disagree with what was said about 92. I'd have to really think about it I believe that is my favorite finals lineup from top to bottom. Cavies first championship, Cadets' Perilous Skies, an underrated final show from Star, soultry BD, one of my fav Scouts shows of all time, best year for Crossmen (DRUMLINE), SCV and bottle dance!!, a poor finals peformance from Phantom but still an awesome show, BK...meh, VK!!!!, Bluecoats playing the Beatles, and Freelancers I think. That's all from memory! I love that year!

Other 90s shows to look up.

91 Star

91 Cavies (sweeeet show)

91 Phantom (not a very popular choice but still one of my favorites to listen to/watch)

94 BD all time favorite

95 Scouts (TURN IT UP!)

95 Cavies (give the Planets some love)

96 Phantom

Hmmm...

I was going to write up why I liked each show, but I am at work and don't have the time right now...but I can do it sometime later if interested...

1990 -

Cavaliers

Star of Indiana

Phantom Regiment

Velvet Knights

Spirit of Atlanta

1991 -

Star of Indiana

Cavaliers

Phantom Regiment

Santa Clara Vanguard

Blue Devils

Cadets of Bergen County (closer only)

Madison Scouts

Crossmen

Freelancers

(I liked 1991 a lot)

Cavaliers

Cadets of Bergen County

Star of Indiana

Blue Devils

Madison Scouts

Crossmen

Santa Clara Vanguard

Velvet Knights

Freelancers

(Ok, I was really into 1992 as well)

Cadets of Bergen County

Star of Indiana

Phantom Regiment

Santa Clara Vanguard

Blue Devils

Cadets of Bergen County

Phantom Regiment

Blue Knights

Bluecoats

Glassmen

Cavaliers

Cadets of Bergen County (grew to like it more over time)

Madison Scouts

'92 is quite possibly my favorite year ever. It's close, at least.

Those are both great years with great shows from a number of corps. I wish I could have seen some of them live.