Blue Devils

Rather see BD win than the Cavaliers win their 6th in 8 years.

I don't understand your logic in this comment. First of all, Blue Devils have won more DCI Championships than anybody else. Yet, you don't want Cavaliers to win another. Cavaliers still have a ways to go to catch up with BD.

I am very happy that the Cavaliers won again. I would have been happy for anybody from the midwest to win. I remember back in the 70s, when the west always won the championships (except 75). I remember Phantom being the brides maid 3 times in the 70s. I remember the 80s & 90s when the Cadets (Garfield Cadets, Cadets of Bergan County, etc.) kept winning year after year. So, I think it is great to see a midwest corps winning. Again, let me state I would be happy if Phantom, Madison, Blue Coats, etc. woud be that corps. It is great to see the midwest have their turn.

I'm sure BD, SCV, and others will be collecting more championship trophies soon.

Edited by cavies79

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't bother to read the 60 + replies to the original post. HOWEVER, the Blue Devils ARE NOT the most successful corps in drumcorps history. I for one am tired of the Blue Devils receiving that proclamation from half of you here. That title belong to the Cadets, Blessed Sac, or the Cavaliers before the Blue Devils have a say as to who is the best ever.

Edited by siuehist

I didn't bother to read the 60 + replies to the original post. HOWEVER, the Blue Devils ARE NOT the most successful corps in drumcorps history. I for one am tired of the Blue Devils receiving that proclamation from half of you here. That title belong to the Cadets, Blessed Sac, or the Cavaliers before the Blue Devils have a say as to who is the best ever.

We ARE, however, the most successful in the DCI era....

I believe we all can agree that BD, the Cavaliers, and the Cadets have very rich histories and continue to add on to their already many successful years.

For what it's worth, I wouldn't mind seeing the Cavaliers win their 6th title in 8 years though :)

We ARE, however, the most successful in the DCI era....

DCI era is fine, but drumcorps history is not.

And I realize that VFW titles mean nothing to anyone anymore, but the Cavaliers were achieving undfeated seasons when it was much harder to do so. That is all I'm saying.

....and if you think about it..including 86, the Cavaliers have a 7 to 6 championship advantage over the Blue Devils, thus in the past 20 years the Cavaliers have fared better. So congrats BD, you were the best corps from 76 to 86. I guess that 10 year run of success makes you the best ever.

Edited by siuehist

DCI era is fine, but drumcorps history is not.

And I realize that VFW titles mean nothing to anyone anymore, but the Cavaliers were achieving undfeated seasons when it was much harder to do so. That is all I'm saying.

....and if you think about it..including 86, the Cavaliers have a 7 to 6 championship advantage over the Blue Devils, thus in the past 20 years the Cavaliers have fared better. So congrats BD, you were the best corps from 76 to 86. I guess that 10 year run of success makes you the best ever.

Ignoring BD's 4 titles in the 90s to Cavies 2?

Ignoring BD's 4 titles in the 90s to Cavies 2?

see below, sorry

Edited by siuehist

I used a 20 year period. You can chop up the past 34 years as many ways as you want and get different numbers. For instance...from 93 through 97 PR beat the Cavies in finals 4 out of 5 years. For the sake of my point, however, from 72 through 85, BD was supreme. From 86 th. 06, the Cavaliers have fared better.

I actually give BDs' design team a tad more credit than the Cavaliers. The Cavaliers show in 2006 was like a reprise (Musically) of the last several years all jammed in to one. At least BD took on something that was totally different than their prior seasons' shows.

Wow, a few bars of the Godfather theme....a few bars of Brubeck, and a drill book nobody remembers. While I liked those two shows, it's nothing over-the-top new and exciting.

We can sit here and argue about who's corps is the best, or we can pat each other on the backs for being parts of 2 of the most WILDLY successful corps in history. I'm not going to slam anyone reacting to the this statement because they are simply reacting to a rather negative remark made by another. I hope you realize that a remark such as that reflects poorly on your organization, and causes people like myself to respect it that much less. Please take this into consideration before you make another post saying how jealous you are of a corps getting credit for doing so well. You never know who you're sitting next to.

Edited by DanjrusMcRynky