Corps with pets

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In 2003 during everydays, a stray dog started hanging out with the corps. He looked really pathetic and loved hanging around the corps. We eventually took him in and began feeding him, and when we couldn't find any information on who owned him (no id tags or anything), we took him on tour with us for the rest of the season. A bunch of volunteers chipped in to get him his shots and everything.

I remember once in 2003 during a rehearsal we saw the biggest dog ever to wander around the school. We called it "beardog", lol. Unfortunately, we didnt take him in since he just seemed to wander and see what we were doing and then he headed off somewhere else. I'll never forget that dog. He was HUGE :worthy:

Edited by sopchick_01

I remember once in 2003 during a rehearsal we saw the biggest dog ever to wander around the school. We called it "beardog", lol. Unfortunately, we didnt take him in since he just seemed to wander and see what we were doing and then he headed off somewhere else. I'll never forget that dog. He was HUGE :worthy:

Bear dog? Not manbearpig right? Okay then. Did he look anything like this?

P1010002.jpg

Or this?

P1010013_small.jpg

Edited by zachariaswmb

Cap Reg 06 had a turtle that some members found on a free day at State Park in Georgia...We called him Donatello and he lived in a bus box that was taken out to the field each day (if i remember correctly). We fed him/her food from the food truck like lettuce and such.

One of the most famous pets that traveled with a corps was also part of one of the saddest stories in Blue Devils history.

They had an instructor who was confined to wheelchair, and he had a loyal and well trained and behaved dog that was always with him. I remember the guys name was Tom, but I don't remember what he instructed or what the reason was he was in a wheelchair. But he and his dog were present at every corps show, and I saw them personally a few times back in the 70's.

The sad part is that both Tom and his dog were killed in a car accident while they were traveling home from an event one year. It was featured (I believe) in DCW, and there is a picture of Tom and his dog in one of the DCI yearbooks, I believe.

Teal Sound had one in 06, and I think he is still with the corps.

~>conner

in 2005 we had a hermit crab who toured with us. he was kept bungee-corded to the bus ceiling and would run around in the showers with us. good times.