Heat Wave Inactive?

I think that instead of arguing about the DCA ruling, which gets us nowhere, we should brainstorm ideas and present these ideas to corps directors this summer.

Sounds good to me. That's why I suggested a policy that under-35 corps not be paid, rather than a rule that forbids them from competing.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So everyone...where do we begin?

So everyone...where do we begin?

Work your Arse off the next two seasons,,get a vote! and show up for the rules congress at the DCA meeting.Votes mean everything! :)

Work your Arse off the next two seasons,,get a vote! and show up for the rules congress at the DCA meeting.Votes mean everything! :)

Can't get a vote if ya can't get in to do a show.

Aaaaand.... around it goes again. :o)

Aaaaand.... around it goes again. :o)

You mean things are cyclical? It's almost like this kind of thing happened before. But don't worry. I'm sure after this silly rule is revoked and DCA starts to prosper again, they'll never do anything stupid like this again... :worthy:

I didnt say it was going to be easy.Just with the cards you have been dealt,,thats the only real choice you have if you want to change things.

The votes mean everything.

Hey,,thats a great slogan for a T-shirt now that I think about it. b**bs b**bs b**bs b**bs :worthy:

You mean things are cyclical? It's almost like this kind of thing happened before. But don't worry. I'm sure after this silly rule is revoked and DCA starts to prosper again, they'll never do anything stupid like this again... :laugh:

Ya right! DCA imposed its rules on a bunch of little corps from the RCA cicuit, did wonders for them too.

How many are left?Even killed off a National Champion, but then again how dare a corps from the west coast of the circuit show such arrogance.Heck even Steel City got the cold shoulder.Or how about the people who wanted finals in Pittsburgh, the DCA committee people didn't even show up for the meeting.RCA was fairly successful with a bunch of small corps. Maybe the regions should wise up and lose the noose around their neck. History sure is cyclical <**>

Edited by PGHPercussion

FYI -

Many emails have been sent to our organization about our plans so we decided to post a quick note for all those that have asked.

Tampa's Gasparilla Drum and Bugle Corps WILL NOT take any field of competition until membership is over a consistant number of 85 total members. It is the philosophy of this organization to support our local events first before we are ready and well prepared to attempt DCA competition. It is also our view that units in competition under 35 should take the same lead as Carolina Gold until that group can support a larger corps.

Promoters and fans do not want to attend a drum corps show and pay big money to see two or three large corps and two or three corps under 35 members. It is a simple matter of the drum corps fan base getting the most bang for the buck. DCA not unlike any other promotion company has a repsonsibility to the paying public and the future of the product they promote and sell.

The administration for the Gasparilla Drum and Bugle Corps are well aware of the cost in operating a competitive senior drum corps from Florida and will not rush to the gate until everything, everyone and every dollar is in place.

Gasparilla Drum and Bugle Corps.......coming soon!

Kasturi Pillay

Public Relations

This isn't the $25-75 DCI price tag. Most shows are $10-$12. That's plenty of bang for your buck to get 3 class A corps and 2 or 3 Open. Strange how DCM prospered for many years running shows in this fashion. The 2 DCA Minnesota shows offer such a slate and I didn't hear any complaints .... but there was plenty of applause :) Interestingly enough, only 1 of those corps are top 10 in DCA.

I'm still finding it hard to understand how a policy that the East wants must be forced upon the regions (regions which they handed over to the regional corps for self-governance).

I can feel it coming .... :laugh:

I'm still finding it hard to understand how a policy that the East wants must be forced upon the regions (regions which they handed over to the regional corps for self-governance).

I can feel it coming .... :laugh:

So you know, for a FACT, that the CORPS in the EAST are STRICTLY the ones responsible?

Deja Vu all over again ($ Yogi) - the Big Bad East getting blamed again by assumption.

Edited by irishcab95