Heat Wave Inactive?

Renegades would be my guess....don;t know the rest of the vote count breakdown.

At least from what I've read here, the vote breakdown has never been said. Which is why I get so riled up when people try telling me that there isn't an E.C. versus everyone else mentality in DCA. Then show us non-voting corps the votes. It could really clear up a lot of misconceptions.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least from what I've read here, the vote breakdown has never been said. Which is why I get so riled up when people try telling me that there isn't an E.C. versus everyone else mentality in DCA. Then show us non-voting corps the votes. It could really clear up a lot of misconceptions.

And I bet YOU would be Shocked to find out Which NON Eastern groups voted FOR it!!!!!!!!!

And maybe which Eastern grouups againest!!!!!!!!

For the life of me. I can not understand WHY people would be ASHAMED to publicly say how they voted for something they BELIEVE in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

" REPEAL 35 RULE " (If a show or sponsor does not want 34 and under group . DO NOT INVITE ONE!!! Simple!!!!!!!)

Edited by LucysSkylinerAlumni

And I bet YOU would be Shocked to find out Which NON Eastern groups voted FOR it!!!!!!!!!

And maybe which Eastern grouups againest!!!!!!!!

I just might. And it would quite possibly convince me that there really isn't an East versus Fairly East, Central and West bias.

Actually, for the sake of discourse, you're on. A dollar says I won't be shocked. Now, may I please see the list?

Edited to get full edited quotation.

Edited by OUTrumprano

This is why I say if you compete in DCA at ANY DCA show (even if you only get a chance to do so at DCA prelims) you should get a vote...one corps, one vote...MUCH mroe representaive that way....but that would make sense.

Or we need an electorial college system in DCA. The small guys should have an equal voice!

Or we need an electorial college system in DCA. The small guys should have an equal voice!

I'm not so sure that'd be fair to the big corps....we're not talking about a country of 300 million people....we;re talking about an activity with 25-50 competing units (leaving room here for expansion). So one corps one vote makes more sense.

This last round of voting killed any chance of that from happening in DCA over the next two seasons..

With the current rules in place.MCL and CRu will HAVE to make finals in order to keep membership.That goes for ALL DCA corps regardless of thier geography..

Edited by camel lips

Okay everyone, lets calm down!

We can beat this topic, or the idea of the 35 Rule, to death and we (all of us) will get NOWHERE! Heat Wave has told us why they folded. So my question is...what can we do? The answer should be NOTHING. We have yet to come up with a solution just blaming DCA.

The present leadership is incapable of running an efficient country. Gas prices have skyrocketed and no one is listening! NO ONE is listening. It appears to me that NO ONE cares what we are talking about here so why bother? Have we heard from corps direct ors about "The Vote?" Has DCA posted anything official on the ruling, i.e., "it was a bad move an they regret it" or "sorry to rile the masses up but we really don't care what you think. We have been running DCA, have been successful so what's the problem?"

I kid Dale on his logic HOWEVER, Dale is an extremely intelligent person and should be heard. But ladies and gentlemen my question to you all is "What can we do and how can we go about doing it?" A decision was made at the start of the season and the corps that it affected were the ones that had NO voice. It's like being the little kid that gets beat up all the time because you're little. You will always get beat up until you get bigger. The decision was made and unfortunately that is it, "no takes back." Heat Wave is no more and that's the sad thing but who will it be next? Shenendoah Sound? Skyliners? ( Ijust used those two corps for no reason).

So gang lets NOW begin to brainstorm ideas on how to fix this situation but remember, we need facts, we heard from Heat Wave now how about Corps directors and DCA exec's. Then work to find a solution that would make everyone happy or satisfied. Personally I think that the discussions up to now aren't going anywhere except in a circle.

Corps directors and DCA the ball is in your court!

Frontier did not qualify for voting membership, because one of their four DCA shows didn't count. A show must have three competing corps to count as a "DCA show", and only the two Texas corps competed at the Houston show.

Not for lack of trying. After Heat Wave had to bow out, we called in favors and begged and did everything possible to get a 3rd DCA corps to our show. Vic did lots of leg work for us (THANK YOU!!!), but in the end we were not sanctioned for our 2006 show.

FYI on Brass on the Bayou 2006:

Sponsered by Gulf Coast Drum Corps Associates (Folks who oversee GCS)

Show tickets: $5.00 advance, $7.00 at the door, programs $3.00

Performing groups: Gulf Wind Brass, Houston Shrine Drum Corps, Trinity-DCI Div. III, GCS-DCA, and Frontier-DCA.

=biggest crowed we played in front of all season, show made a PROFIT, everyone had a great time playing for a very enthusiastic crowd.

2007: Same prices, more performing groups, and I bet even though some of the groups will have less than 35 members (Austin Stars, Masquerade, Houston Shrine), everyone will still have a great time. And I bet we will still make a PROFIT.

(After all, making money is the point of hosting a drum corps show, right????)

I am not really happy with the "35 member" rule, but I do want to thank whoever voted to make a sanctioned show only need 2 DCA corps. This may save us a lot of trouble getting shows set up in Texas when so many folks can't afford to come over and visit us.

....And if you are not coming down here to see or play in our show, what do you care if we have smaller groups performing ???????????????

Okay everyone, lets calm down!

We can beat this topic, or the idea of the 35 Rule, to death and we (all of us) will get NOWHERE! Heat Wave has told us why they folded. So my question is...what can we do? The answer should be NOTHING. We have yet to come up with a solution just blaming DCA.

The present leadership is incapable of running an efficient country. Gas prices have skyrocketed and no one is listening! NO ONE is listening. It appears to me that NO ONE cares what we are talking about here so why bother? Have we heard from corps direct ors about "The Vote?" Has DCA posted anything official on the ruling, i.e., "it was a bad move an they regret it" or "sorry to rile the masses up but we really don't care what you think. We have been running DCA, have been successful so what's the problem?"

I kid Dale on his logic HOWEVER, Dale is an extremely intelligent person and should be heard. But ladies and gentlemen my question to you all is "What can we do and how can we go about doing it?" A decision was made at the start of the season and the corps that it affected were the ones that had NO voice. It's like being the little kid that gets beat up all the time because you're little. You will always get beat up until you get bigger. The decision was made and unfortunately that is it, "no takes back." Heat Wave is no more and that's the sad thing but who will it be next? Shenendoah Sound? Skyliners? ( Ijust used those two corps for no reason).

So gang lets NOW begin to brainstorm ideas on how to fix this situation but remember, we need facts, we heard from Heat Wave now how about Corps directors and DCA exec's. Then work to find a solution that would make everyone happy or satisfied. Personally I think that the discussions up to now aren't going anywhere except in a circle.

Corps directors and DCA the ball is in your court!

However...if no one complains, there's no voice for DCA to hear in the first place.

if we want this rule changed, we MUST speak up...and if th\ose with the voting power choose to ignore the concerns, they will be leading DCA down the path to only a small number of corps again.

Would love to hear ideas.

The reason none of the folks from the meeting post details is that we are asked not to talk about DCA meetings. The contents of those meetings are not public, and we have been asked not to comment.

Meaning that I am probably in trouble again.