Staff Quotes

Sneakers in a Dryer, what an awesome name for a cadence or has this already been used.

Cavies bass cadence, I believe.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baritone vis tech from '96 Magic walks over to the pit and grabs the sledgehammer used to bang the oxygen tank in part of the show, returns to the field during the rehearsal and replies, "Get your F***ing toes up or I'll bust your shins with my hammer!!!!"

Had Frank Williams on the road with us in '95 and he left one weekend and told us that we had better not suck while he was gone or he was gonna kick the s**t out of us when he got back.

It wouldn't be a staff quote thread without the stylings of John Brazale, the late great drill designer for Phantom Regiment!

“Bob! Bob! You speak idiot! Get over there and tell the contras to get off the #### short bus and march!”

“Color guard! That was about as graceful as a door!”

“Contras! Are you on drugs? Would getting some help?”

“And if you slip and fall…ROLL THE HELL OUT OF MY DRILL God#### it!”

“Hey you! Guy with the hat! NO! The other guy with the hat! NO #### IT! That guy with the hat!”

“Sopranos, I'm going to lose my wonderful personality in about 2 seconds."

“AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Mellophones! You sucksucksucksuckSUCK!”

From my male vis caption head:

"I'm a frikin' princess"

ECJ 05 Wheres AJ?

Kieth: I dont know, off being emo, and hating life.

nice...

also, charlie poole always told me that he was going shove a rocket up my butt if i didn't move faster....charlie i know you read these forums...i miss you.

Baritone vis tech from '96 Magic walks over to the pit and grabs the sledgehammer used to bang the oxygen tank in part of the show, returns to the field during the rehearsal and replies, "Get your F***ing toes up or I'll bust your shins with my hammer!!!!"

Had Frank Williams on the road with us in '95 and he left one weekend and told us that we had better not suck while he was gone or he was gonna kick the s**t out of us when he got back.

i've heard some interesting quotes (and stories) from some friends who were taught by frank...

one of my good friends marched has had Frank as a tech for the past few years and he told me that last year Frank made the person who plays timpani cover brass parts and the hornline had to turn to the pit and say "thank you for covering our s**t"

one of the techs at my corps always is sarcastic about the contras not being able to understand directions given, and he make this other tech (or the horn sargent, they both "fight" all the time) go over and explain it to them because "he speaks dumb***"

oh, and I've heard my fair share of "trumpets, your part is now *sings quarter notes instead of sixteenth notes* and tubas, your part is *silence* , get that wrong and you're part will be sitting in the audience"

Edited by nothingbetter

It wouldn't be a staff quote thread without the stylings of John Brazale, the late great drill designer for Phantom Regiment!

“Bob! Bob! You speak idiot! Get over there and tell the contras to get off the #### short bus and march!”

“Color guard! That was about as graceful as a door!”

“Contras! Are you on drugs? Would getting some help?”

“And if you slip and fall…ROLL THE HELL OUT OF MY DRILL God#### it!”

“Hey you! Guy with the hat! NO! The other guy with the hat! NO #### IT! That guy with the hat!”

“Sopranos, I'm going to lose my wonderful personality in about 2 seconds."

“AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Mellophones! You sucksucksucksuckSUCK!”

how funny.. i just read the quotes and thought.. man.. that sounds like something from phantom based on some of the videos i saw from this year.

then i looked at the signature, and then finally the first sentence. haha