What other corps wear sunglasses besides your corps?

I believe the rule is that DCA competition cannot start before 7:00 on Saturday. Not sure though, don't have the rule book in front of me. There are exceptions given though.

I've only done a handful of shows in the daylight. When we go on the sky is still blue but the sun has gone down already.

Side note: Now all the google ads at the bottom are advertising sunglasses :)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For RCR, Renegades and Dream the only time we go on after dark is if we host the show or the show is on a weeknight (new rule DCI accepted last season). Otherwise we all go on first and the seniors are usually done before 7:00pm.

We wear sunglasses at every show including night shows if everyone agrees to it before the show.

Note avatar: Sunglasses are part of the uni here. We always give rookies carp when they forget their sunglasses. If it's too dark for sunglasses we wear them on the top of our hatless heads. It enhances our playful persona and also makes those peripheral checks on the field indetectable.

For RCR, Renegades and Dream the only time we go on after dark is if we host the show or the show is on a weeknight (new rule DCI accepted last season). Otherwise we all go on first and the seniors are usually done before 7:00pm.

We wear sunglasses at every show including night shows if everyone agrees to it before the show.

Shhhhhh, don't give away all our secrets - hehe!

Just another way of being a "Rock Star" = Wearing sunglasses :)

I'm was a guest passenger on the Snake bus in Dekalb 2004. I think I saw some Govies wearing shades past midnight outside.

Mom

Renegades have only gone without sunglasses one time 2006 prelims

####### Rain :worthy:

UGH, 2006 prelims! Personally, old school that I am, I'd rather wear a shako and plume then sunglasses. But the Renegade look is very cool!

This poster and this post make a perfect example of how (badly) one sounds when one talks without having a command of the facts.

In other words: first, engage brain, then talk!

The two above clips tell the tale:

First, the Wildwood show is INSIDE! (Shadow_7: "D'oh!") So, it wouldn't matter what time of day the show is on, no sunglasses required.

Second (would you like some cheese with that whine?), the New York corps is SPONSORING the Ohio show! And, this is in addition to its home show. Without this corps' effort, that would be one LESS opportunity for the attending Midwest corps to perform. BTW, the same corps is performing in 4 states outside of its home state this summer.

Personally, in 11 seasons of drum corps (in big corps, in little corps, on early, on late), I have only done a handful of afternoon shows besides DCA Prelims (1995 DCM prelims, 2005 E. Providence, 2002 Rochester, and 1999 Madison come to mind). Outside of that, only one show stands out where I wished I'd had sunglasses: 2000 Phoenix, NY.

The stadium was without lights, so the show kicked off at 6 PM. It was a mid-June show, when the sun is near its highest point all year, and Crusaders were on first. The press box was on the west side of the field, and there were no trees near the field. The sunlight blazed across the field. All this conspired to make that performance the hardest for me to see during (except when we faced backfield - whew!) by far.

Now, all you corps people who wear sunglasses as part of the uni have it easy, compared to having to whip the shades out in the middle of the show and try to stick them on the face over eyeglasses, all while holding a horn and doing drill (with the vocals!) in about 7 seconds. :laugh:

Don't perform in the sun WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! maybe I should march back east?

#### that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

West is best ^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^

Don't perform in the sun WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! maybe I should march back east?

Well, I have worn the uni on the field under the sun a few times (especially for all of those DCA prelims - until 2004, that is!) But, EVERY run-through - with uni or not - is a performance, and I have PLENTY of those in the blazing hot sun (and driving rain, and gusting wind, and pinging hail even!) Which is true for practically every poster on here.

Edited by Dale Bari