College

During my undergrad years I marched with the Pride of West Virginia (WVU)... Aside from the fact that I had to because I was a music major, it got me into games free. :) It didn't exactly help me with my marching techniqe as it pertains to Drum Corps, but it was fun.

Where did you march, if anywhere?

Any other WVU grads out there?

Patrick

I taught the University of Buffalo band their first two years.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I taught the University of Buffalo band their first two years.

What years was that? Thanks for the start! :)

• 2 weeks later...
I have a question for you all wise folk what do you think of Central Michigan university Marching Chippewas Marching band Ive never seen them......but I'm considering going to college at Central

Hey man, I'm a freshman at CMU and I'm a Marching Chip. The marching band here is pretty sweet. There's some great traditions and the people are awesome. I'm having a great time, I definitely suggest it if you end up going here.

Spent 1999-2002 in the Iowa State University Cyclone Football "Varsity" Marching Band, back when they were hands down the loudest band in the Big XII. Things have since changed, moving the emphasis from "volume" to something called "musicianship". At least I think that's how it's spelled, the "m" could be silent.

We had more trumpets than most D1 corps have horns - it was pretty cool.

Sigh....i attend Campbell University, a private college that doesn't have a marching band...only a pep band....*Cries*

Although....they're working the budget to have a marching band my senior year....(with me writing drill...and working with brass) YES...lol

FORGIVE me if I offend()PLEASE). But all this UBuffalo band(hey..I went there!) and college band stuff..doesnt qualify as.."marched"..isnt this a DRUM CORPS message board????(just sayin;-)

San Jose State - 1975 :devil:

aka Van-Devils!!!