Notes to our rivals

That rivalry existed in only a half-hearted way come the mid to late seventies. There were certainly no fist-fights or even verbal spats. As a matter of fact, even 27 used to scream "Aaaargh" when doing the 27th jumping jack!!

When I marched with Garfield, we were housed by 2-7 during a weekend of shows in the Boston area....1971, I am thinking...

When we left the stadium with our 2-7 members, they found most of their radio antennae were busted...and just then a carload of BAC folks sped past taking full credit...which itself was a response to something 2-7 members had done a few weeks back.

Glad to see it had died down a few years later.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never marched in 96, but you seem to have realized the judges gave you a gift. Be appreciative. Cutting down folks who worked just as hard as you on another team seems juvenile. You apparently aged out--grow up.

Wow... there was nothing negative in that person's post. Only thing I have seen negative on this thread is what YOU posted, something about them winning being a gift from the judges and telling the poster to "grow up." :ph34r:

Edited by Patrick_D

In '04...

To Cavies... Good show, you guys were good.... But the top 3 or 4 were all pretty dang good, so it's hard to pick a corps that was over everyone... We were all good for different reasons...

To BD... Oh, how badly we wanted to beat you. lol... All in good fun, of course... SCV hates BD, BD hates SCV, but I'll take BD over a bunch of other corps any day... It's a love hate thing...

To Cadets... Never really saw it, and when we topped you guys, ya, we were stoked... But hey, your hornline was pretty rad, and I still listen to some of those warmups and stuff.... Very cool...

To Phantom... We won the pillow fight. Don't EVEN play like you did.

Edited by SCVsopAaron

Dear Mandarins,

Stop ####### winning!

Love,

The rest of Division III

Edited by Slow Adam

Hey, good to see you Spirit and BAC guys on here, cuz I've got some things to say to you...

Spirit started the year in 92 something like 7 points up on Sky--caught you in the end, though! Ha-ha! Of course, you had the hotter guard, and we see whose corps is still around. Congrats, and looking forward to the show this year.

BAC--most frustrating thing missing finals was not missing finals, but that we caught Spirit finally only to have you guys top us in the end! Good to see the corps a perennial finalist--congrats, and best wishes.

P.S. Saw today that former PR DM Roderic Saunders (94-95) is on staff at Spirit. Tell him he owes Rosey $20!

Cavies...I don't hate you, even though I marched PR. Drill is amazing--keep pushing the envelope!

Sorry --- to all the corps whose horns we accidentally pegged with jolly ranchers at retreat. :huh:

There was a guard girl who got a care package like every week, and it always had this super-industrial sized bag of jolly ranchers which we kept at the front of the bus. We would always stuff a bunch in our gauntlets before retreat and share them with the neighboring corps. Cept some corps were too snooty and ignored us (one might say they were more mature, but we thought they were just snobs - haha).

So if we were next to a corps who wouldn't play, we would toss the JRs *over* their block (and sometimes over 2 blocks) to the corps that appreciated our generosity. Sometimes, someone would toss one that went astray and it would hit someone or their horn. These people were rarely amused.

Now that I look back on it, it was pretty juvenile and it would probably never happen today. But then again - it was fun and it made for some good memories - and that's what really counts (right?). :)

To 84 SCV...hated losing to you so many times, but love the show. Thanks for beating Garfield at Whitewater!!!

To 84 Gahfield...hated losing to you so many times, but love the show. Saying congratulations to you guys as you left for your busses after your victory run is still one of the hardest things I've ever done. I lost to the best. Wish I hadn't lost Nadia's phone number after finals. :(

Oh yeah....YOU'VE GOT MY RING!

That is all :P ^0^ :huh: